I HAVE A QUESTION NEW HEALTH CARE REFORM?

JROLFSON
on 3/23/10 7:42 am - St. George, UT
SO I'M WONDERING NOW THAT THE HEALTH CARE REFORM HAS BEEN SIGNED

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW OUR NEW REFORM AFFECTS THOSE OF US WHO WANT OR MAY BE LOOKING INTO WEIGHT LOSS SURGERY...I.E. THERE ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE PRE-EXISTING CONDITIONS ANYMORE....DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE KNEW GOVERNMENT IMPOSED HEALTH CARE SYSTEM WILL COVER WEIGHT LOSS SURGERIES OR REVISIONS...

VERY CURIOUS ABOUT THIS
mrlddst
on 3/24/10 12:32 am - Virginia Beach, VA
There is no public option in this reform bill so there is no government imposed healthcare system.  The bill ensures that YOUR insurance company cannot drop you due to pre-existing conditions.  By 2014, individuals that make up to 133% of the poverty line will be covered by medicaid.  So if that is what you mean, then just follow  medicaid guidelines.
Lapband done 6/19/2006 Removed 11/19/2009
Sleeve done 7/29/2010 SW: 228/CW:197/GW:137

Nemochic
on 3/24/10 2:25 am

Hi Jack mrlddst you and I have the same surgeon. I love him!!!

Outer Banks Surgical Weightloss Support Group
Organizer and Mediator
Original RNY 02/17/05 360 pounds lost 130
Revised on 03/22/10 not quite a ds and not quite a sleeve Hey I am a hybrid!       Preop weighed 277.3 my goal 160!

JROLFSON
on 3/25/10 12:46 am - St. George, UT
Thank you so much for your reply....That helps...
cindywebb1667
on 11/5/10 5:26 am - Romeoville, IL

Not on the same thread....but saw that you had a lap band removed.  I want a revision to DS but lap band surgeon won't do it and insurance won't cover it.  Did you have yours removed because of a complication?

I just want this darn thing OUT !!  It doesn't work!  I lost 70 pounds and gained it all back !  Surgeon just says 'live with it' and 'diet better'    UUGGGHHH   :-(

Grandma Cindy
326/286/140 (start/current/goal)

Ms. Cal Culator
on 3/25/10 9:44 pm - Tuvalu
As said above, there is no "government imposed health care system."   Do you currently have a private policy, an employer-provided policy or are you on a government-financed policy, such as Medicare or Medicaid?
JROLFSON
on 3/29/10 2:41 am, edited 3/29/10 2:42 am - St. George, UT
What if you don't have or qualify for any of the above...Will you once the health care reform act is actually in place...This is my question.

JRolfson
Zee Starrlite
on 3/26/10 6:36 am
  I wish people would research this before jumping on the false headlines!!!!!!!!!!!

This is NOT a government imposed healthcare system!!!!

This health care reform WILL actually make it possible for people NOT to be denied because of pre-existing conditions.

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

JROLFSON
on 3/29/10 2:40 am - St. George, UT
Who is jumping on false headlines? I only asked a question...I don't know anything about the new health care reform and have heard tons and tons of things both bad and good so I was wondering if you have no health care at all will you then be eligible for health care through medicare and if so...Does it cover weight loss surgery...This could be great hope for those out there who have no insurance and don't work...You know it sucks when you can't even ask a question for information when you are totally ignorant about something and get a crappy response like the one you sent to my question...Sorry I'm not a know it all, sorry I haven't read the how many thousands of pages in the health care reform bill...Sorry, Sorry, Sorry..This is exactly why I can't stand this site anymore...

JRolfson
Ms. Cal Culator
on 3/29/10 3:58 am - Tuvalu

There are some people we keep around just to remember what stupid looks like.  Ignore them.

It really depends on WHY you don't qualify for other programs.  If it's because you don't have a job that offers insurance and you make too much money for Medicaid, then you will probably be eligible to purchase a policy through one of the "exchanges" (not available until 2013 or 2014) and before that, there is a high risk pool that should cover people with pre-exiting conditions (like morbid obesity.)

Most Active