StomaphyX vs Revision?? Revision with Public Aid in IL?

sweetkiki
on 3/18/10 7:10 pm - Miami, FL
Wondering if anyone has done the Stomaphyx recently and if your insurance covered?? I currently have public aid so I have no idea if they will even cover this.  They didn't pay for my initial surgery.  Anyone have experience getting approved for revision of surgery with public aid???

Thanks in advance!!
Kiki
Kerry J.
on 3/18/10 9:38 pm - Santa Clara, UT
Hi Kiki,

I haven't had Stomaphyx done, but I've been on the OH Forums for about 2 years now and I've never heard of if working for anyone. I've read dozens of reports from people who underwent the procedure and none of them said it worked or even helped.

What was your original surgery? I had gastric bypass / RNY done in 1980 and revised to DS in Sept 2008. The DS works.... it really works and it doesn't have the dumping, food sticking or deprivation associated with RNY.

Kerry
mskay
on 3/27/10 4:35 am, edited 3/27/10 1:42 pm - chicago, IL
Call uic by cook county hospital and make an appointment to talk to doctor ELI. tell them you already went to his seminar and u want�a consultation.�Im getting a revision through him with my medical card. what im having�is something similar to�the fobi ring over the�RNY i had in 2000 at loyola in maywood.you can probably get the RNY because medical card doesnt cover lapband at uic.
Most Active