6 month diet required before revision?!"

BungeeGirl
on 3/17/10 8:35 am - Cary, NC
 I had a lap band dec 08.  I have a slipped band and a hiatal hernia.  My insurance company says that I have to do the 6 months of dieting again first before revision.  

Anyone else required to do this before revision?
Vickie PRE-OPS: Take  probioitcs before and after surgery-prevent C-Diff!

(deactivated member)
on 3/17/10 9:51 am - NJ
Nope.  I just had my band taken out and had my RNY a month later.   I didn't have to do anything.
(deactivated member)
on 3/17/10 9:53 am - NJ
lady-luck
on 3/17/10 4:39 pm - Orange, CA
  I have a slipped band and a hiatal hernia plus my band was fitted in Mexico in May 07 because at the time Kaiser didnt do it. I am due to have my band removed and the sleeve done at the same time  by Kaiser as long as there is not a lot of scarring, otherwise I will go back in 2 months for the sleeve. No 6 months wait for me.
Good luck
jmeg66
on 3/17/10 11:56 pm - Brick, NJ
I had to do either a 6 month md supervised diet or a 3 month comprehensive I chose the later.  I was revised from a sleeve to a ds

chelle614
on 3/21/10 4:43 am - Chester, NY
WHAT? Doesnt the insurance company know that a slipped band is an emergency? My doc fixes them within 48hrs. Do you have any blockage?
Most Active