Weight regain???

Molly S.
on 3/11/10 3:02 pm - Chicago, IL
How many of you had a revision due to weight gain?  Was your initial BMI over 60?  Did you reach and maintain goal after revision?

HW 611  Pre-opW 580   LW 302  GW 238         

jmeg66
on 3/11/10 10:06 pm, edited 3/11/10 10:07 pm - Brick, NJ
I jst had my revision.  I went from the sleeve to the ds.  I didn't lose enough with the sleeve and also gained 40 lbs back.  Oh and my initial bmi before the sleeve was over 60.

Joanne

schoolbustam
on 3/12/10 11:33 pm
Hi..I hadda open RNY in July '99.  I lost about 130lbs and but never reached goal.  After that I began regaining, but I knw I made some mistakes.  Now I am almost to the weight that I started with...and I feel like a major failure (again).  I am currently seeking a revision because I want to get back to where I was, but this time...my husband is also seeking wls and i Know that I will do better because we can do it together. I am wondering how many that  have already had a revision are currently doing?  I also would like to know if they had a harder time loosing again or  if It was like the first wls.  I just need some answers and to know that it actually CAN work again!
Thanks, Tammy
Molly S.
on 3/13/10 11:02 am - Chicago, IL
Hi Tammy,

Revision do work.  they work if you learn from mistakes made 1st time.  As for me I learned my lesson.  That is why I am working hard now because I don't want to gain the 280 lbs I lost and like you I never made it to my goal which was to lose 360 pounds or more.  After 3 years of trying to lose the extra 100 pounds I gained 80 pounds.  I am not sure I want a revision especially if I can re-lose the 80 pounds I gained.  We will see.  But I am going to see if I can get approved for a revision.  I am not interested in DS anyway too many additional side effects and like you mention they are all based on patient compliance.  We have to do our part.  This weight problem or eating problem can not be fixed with just the surgery.  We have to look at the mind, emotions, and deal with the whys of overeating.  This is my goal, to work on my mind and the whys of why I eat.  Before I do a 2nd surgery I am going to work on the emotional issues of why I am continuing to sabotage myself.   Good luck to you!!   You are not a failure.  You just need help and please get it before you  do a 2nd WLS. 

HW 611  Pre-opW 580   LW 302  GW 238         

Most Active