Metalic Taste

Deanne K.
on 3/23/10 9:11 am - Tucson, AZ
Hi Janie,
I wish I could say that I felt good, but right now, I don't.  I have had an EDG, sleep study, Upper GI, Cat Scan today( boy was this one tough just to drink the stuff and keep it down when you have nausea and I even took the phenergan 2 hours before the test).  See neurologist in a month, which may not be related at all and to go over an MRI I had.  I am waiting the results of the sleep study and cat scan.  The GI doctor did see that I have a hiatal hernia again and he stretched the anastamosis from the esophagus to the pouch.   I thought the hiatal hernia was fixed with my first surgery, but he said that sometimes they don't hold.  I think my original surgeon just didn't fix it.  I am having a hard time finding a protein supplement that I am not having reactions too or are even tolerable right now.  I am doing them like medicine.  The MET-RX protein shot, I had hives within 10 minutes.  It isn't from Niacin as it didn't go away for 4 days.  Waiting to see the surgeon until some of these tests come back.  I was supposed to go up last week, but they cancelled.  I don't need someone scolding me, when I know what has to be done.  I already got that talking too from my PCP and the surgeon's office both in the same day.  My PCP is at least understanding and willing to help me figure out what is going on.  Between all of this and the low blood pressure has us all stumped.  I even stayed for the full bag of IV fluid when they did the EGD last thursday, they wanted me to get it all since my pressure was low.
Deanne

JRinAZ
on 3/23/10 10:09 am - Layton, UT
Deanne!
Glad to hear you're sorting it out.  Sorry to hear you're suffering so much!  Wishing you a speedy "find and fix" and better quality of life!

Big Hugggzzz!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Deanne K.
on 3/24/10 1:44 am - Tucson, AZ
Joyce,
Thanks for the support.  I know you know how it feels.  Luckily I can still eat most of the time, but drinking water is difficult, but I am trying my best to get what is needed in.  It sure is hard when you have nausea.
Deanne
JROLFSON
on 3/25/10 4:21 am - St. George, UT
Oh boy....What does Dr. S say? I hate that your feeling so bad...

That is scary...Let us know how you do...

Janie
Deanne K.
on 3/25/10 5:00 am - Tucson, AZ
Hi Janie,
I haven't spoken to his office since my allergic reaction.  My PCP is trying to handle what we can down here first.  I was to see Dr. S. last week, but it got cancelled.  I do have to reschedule with them soon, but I figured I might just wait a week or so since we are waiting for results to come back.  I have had a few good days and mostly really bad ones the last 3 weeks.  I have been toughing it out at work.  I don't have alot of sick time, so I am working as much as I can to not be off.

Deanne
JRinAZ
on 3/23/10 10:12 am - Layton, UT
Janie!
I'm so glad you're doing better with labs!  That's awesome and definitely a testament to your diligence in shoveling all the vites!!! 

Weigh 2 go on your 149!!!  Wooooo Hooooo!

Big Hugggzzz,

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Most Active