Metalic Taste

vitalady
on 3/24/10 1:48 pm - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
And the D is ok? I don't quite understand how the other fat solubles might be ok and the A is bad.

Do you know your common channel?

protein/A....... distantly, in that they both are involved in your immune system, as is zinc.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

Deanne K.
on 3/25/10 1:45 am - Tucson, AZ
Vit. D is up in the normal range, Vit. K is in the normal range now.  Vit. E has always been good and I don't supplement that one yet, but probably should be.    I take 25,000 a day plus a couple of sublinguals now for the Vit. D.

My common channel is 75cm
vitalady
on 3/25/10 5:38 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
Ohhhhhhhhhhh, that explains everything.

More like 100,000 IU per day for that shorty common channel.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

Deanne K.
on 3/25/10 7:15 am - Tucson, AZ
Well got the results from my ct scan.  They found small bowel loops.  Need to see the surgeon.

Deanne
vitalady
on 3/25/10 1:41 pm - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
I'm sorry. Sort of. At least they found it!

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

Deanne K.
on 3/25/10 9:26 am, edited 3/25/10 9:26 am - Tucson, AZ
Michele.
Are you saying 100,000 of vit. A or D?  Just want to make sure.
Thanks,
Deanne
vitalady
on 3/25/10 1:31 pm - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
yes, one hundred thousand.

seriously, my doc starts 'em on that and they do very well

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

Deanne K.
on 3/15/10 1:39 am, edited 3/15/10 2:26 am - Tucson, AZ
Hi All,
I know that my Vit. A is low as well as protein level.  So what I have started lately is obviously upping the protein majorly and vit. A to 6 Vit. A a day which is about 150,000 iu of A.

I was taking a generic multi from Walmart and am thinking I should switch, so I have been taking the bariatric advantage multi with the extra ADEK in them. 

Vit. K, 1000 iu x 3 days
Vit. D, 5,000 x 2 day (just got the 25,000) this is low but not dangerously low. and also a sublingual D.
Calcium 1200 iu a day
Iron 56 mg a day
B-12
My blood pressure has been dropping very low, so I don't know if this is tied together or not.

Water tastes awlful and have done some crystal light, but it's not really good either.

Oh yeah, I have had nausea for a few months.  Having EDG on Thursday.

Deanne
JROLFSON
on 3/23/10 8:00 am - St. George, UT
My PCP told me that low Vit B6 levels can create some nausea in some people...Just a thought...

Janie
JROLFSON
on 3/23/10 7:55 am - St. George, UT

Hey Deanne:

I too get a metalic taste and I notice it the most in the morning right after I brush my teeth which is weird because you would think after you brush your teeth your mouth would feel and smell minty fresh...

I did just have my labs drawn and I had good news...I was good on everything but Vit K and B6....so I have to boost my intake on those two and the Doc suggested a B12 shot once a month, can't hurt type thing...

My proteins levels were good and Vit D which I was surprised about...For some reason they didn't run my Iron so I have to have that done, we'll see how that comes out...

I feel good though and I'm now down to 149...

Janie

Most Active