possible revision?

jdr1208
on 3/11/10 4:06 am - Worcester, MA
hi, im on here to look for advice, and was hoping someone could shed some light in a non judgemental way...
heres my story...
i have been heavy my whole life, after having my son 2 years ago i topped off at 268 (thats when i stopped weighing myself, and thats what i weighed going into surgery) i spent a long time preparing for RNY and finally had it done july 20th 2009. i am only 7 months out.
i have lost 71lbs to date, however i am stuck, and i have been stuck for a while. i had my 7 month check up and my surgeon was disspointed i havent lost more. he said he wants to see me at a year and if i havent lost 100lbs by a year we will discuss it further. i have gone over my food journal with him, he didnt see anything wrong with it, i exercise, i see the nutritionist again on the 22nd. they did some blood work and found out i was vit d deficient and anemic. i take all my vits...
i feel stuck, lost and sad. i frequent the board for julyers and everyone has blown past me, i cant help but feel defeated, like giving up, looking into revision, like ive yet again failed another weight loss attempt.
did anyone deal with this with the RNY? how soon out were you elligible for a revision?
any advice?
thanks
jill
SassyNicole
on 3/11/10 6:24 am - Harrisville, UT
Hey Jill,
I had RNY done about 2 1/2 years ago.  I lost really good, by 6 months had lost a hundred pounds. I started out at 354 lbs. but the lowest I ever lost was to around 220, and since then have actual gain some back and now weigh about 270. I am working towards a revision to the DS and everything looks good for me to be approved.  My insurance requires I be 2 years out from the original WLS and still meet all the other normal requirements of BMI and so forth, wich I do lol. So you are not alone. If I knew then what I do now about the DS surgery I would have chosen that to begin with. I still have good restriction and exercise and yet have gained back, sometimes it just doesn't work how we want it to. My Dr. said that if I'm not happy he isn't either and will do whatever he can to help me get approved and revised to the DS.

Hang in there and if you need to talk more or have more questions just let me know, I'll help if I can.  Also read the DS forums there is tons of good information there!!
jdr1208
on 3/11/10 11:05 pm - Worcester, MA
thanks nicole (im a former utahn too)
i was thinking of the DS but massachusetts wont do it. they only do with rny or lap band. so many people keep telling me "you're only 7 months out" but i cant help but wonder, if i am going through this at "only 7 months out" what will it be like in a year? 2? more?
thanks so much for your advice!!!
CHYNADOLL2603
on 3/12/10 1:30 am - NY
I too had the RNY in 2004 and about 7 months out I stopped losing. I started at 359lbs and at 7 months I was 273 I eventually got down to 247 with a nutritionist prescribing weight loss medicine but after years of gaining and losing I have decided to get a revision because I am back up to 288. So I have a surgery date for 3/29 to get the DS. Oh yeah and the HBP came back and also the diabetes.
dana712
on 3/12/10 6:28 am
HII
Who is doining  the revision?
Most Active