Home!

Rosestar
on 3/12/10 8:23 am
4 hour surgery on Wednesday. He said he almost didn't do the RNY because the adhesions were so bad, but he was able to make a pouch with what remained.

I have moments when I feel a little better. Then there are moments when my SO gives me a tylenol and I take it without realizing its too big and all that hard won fluid intake comes back up.

I hace oxycontin for 5 days. Dr.Pop insists that most people don't take pain medication for more then 2 days after surgery.

x posted

Lap Band --> RNY 3/10/10 Barix, Ypsilanti*5'3*
skifan1
on 3/13/10 8:35 am - OH

Glad to see your post!  I was wondering how things went.  Did you stay for 2 days or longer?  4 hour surgery!!  Wow, is that typical for a revision?  Those adhesions and scar tissue can make it very difficult I have heard.   Are you feeling sick or just tired?  Keep up with the fluid and try to walk around.  I'm assuming no complications, I remember you said Dr. Pop was very vocal about complications on revisions.

Theresa

kamelion63
on 3/13/10 12:37 pm - McKinney, TX
Hope you start feeling well soon and congratulations! 

I am unfamiliar with adhesions... I am in the process of getting approved for a revision from a band to a RNY and 4 hours seems scary to me.

Do you have adhesions because of the band?

Anyway, just if you are up to it to reply because I know you should be resting now. Good luck and I am sending healing thoughts your way

K
Christy Sanchez
on 3/15/10 12:17 pm - Acworth, GA
I've been thinking about you. I'm glad that you've been feeling a little better.

I''m a little worried about the pain post op. I've had problems with morphine before. I hate to take pain medications:(.
Christy Sanchez

311 HW/275 Band/239 RNY/193 CW/150 GW

Most Active