Anyone had a revision with Kaiser Socal?

celticlassie
on 3/9/10 4:51 am - Garden Grove, CA
I had a RNY about 8 years ago at 280lbs and I am now back up to 260lbs.  I am wondering if Kaiser Socal will do a weight loss surgery of any kind if I have already had one before.  I had mentioned Lapband and got a few posts about DS.  Right now I guess I am not so much concerned about the procedure as I am about the path towards approval for the procedure.... hope that makes sense.  Anyone with any Kaiser experience??
lady-luck
on 3/9/10 2:03 pm - Orange, CA
I had the band fitted in Mexico in 2007 as Kaiser Socal didnt do it then. I have had a lot of trouble with it so I had an upper GI and it was discovered that my b and was tilted right up. The doc here said it will have to come out and on 20th april I am having it removed and the sleeve done at the same time. Yes Kaiser is doing it for me now.
Ms Shell
on 3/26/10 8:11 am - Hawthorne, CA
Not sure about everything but the first step is getting your PCP to refer you to the bariatric folks at Kaiser.  You may or may not have to go through the whole 6 month thing since you already have had WLS.

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Most Active