THE SISTER ACCORD & Why it's Important Now - Written By SONIA JACKSON MYLES

Teena A.
on 3/8/10 10:20 pm - Mesquite, TX
I resolve to establish an agreement with ALL of my sisters, whether they are black, white, red, yellow or brown.  Whether they are strong or weak, rich or poor, educated at Harvard or educated on 17th Street, working in the C-suite or cleaning it.  Whether they are independent or leaning and depending, confident or lacking self-esteem, fighting back or being abused and misused.  I will uphold this commitment to my sisters.

I RESOLVE TO…
•    Be honest and truthful
•    Be supportive of your dreams and aspirations
•    Be forgiving
•    Be loving and kind
•    Be in prayer for you
•    Be thoughtful with my words—ensuring that our every encounter and conversation is uplifting
•    Be courageous and bold---to set good examples for your daughters and sons

•    Remain loyal and faithful to our friendship
•    Remain your shelter in the time of storms—your confidant
•    Remain your cheerleader—being your source of inspiration
•    Remain diligent in taking care of my health and reminding you to focus on yours

•    Refrain from judging
•    Refrain from negative thoughts and words about you
•    Refrain from self-doubt and the words “I can’t"—because remember now we know “Yes, we can."
•    Refrain from thoughts that put limitations on you and me

BECAUSE…
•    You are my sister
•    The time is now—our children are depending on us
•    We can’t wait—time is of the essence
•    We have so much work to do
•    We can CHANGE THE WORLD!

You are my sister, my friend, my confidant and my strength and THIS IS OUR COMMITMENT TO EACH OTHER.

Why is this important now?

•    Because of CANCER
•    Because of AIDS
•    Because of DOMESTIC VIOLENCE
•    Because of HEART DISEASE
•    Because of DIABETES
•    Because our children are depending on us
•    Because our husbands and brothers are depending on us
•    Because our parents are depending on us
•    Because we hold the keys to the future—we are birthing and molding future doctors and lawyers and yes, Presidents—people who will cure cancer, AIDS, who will say no to abusing their girlfriends and wives—we hold the keys to solving all of the world’s problems in our wombs and in our hearts

•    We must teach
•    We must preach
•    We must reach…out now

This commitment has been signed, sealed and delivered with the blood, sweat and tears of our forefathers and our ancestors.  We owe it to them to take it to the next level!  Our future is bright, our steps are ordered, and our diligence will allow us to taste victory.  Let’s go make it happen!
Teena Adler
Facebook Contact Info/Email address:Skyedan[email protected]
10/09/09 - Distal Gastric Bypass (ERNY) Revision - Common Channel 90

"Never Let People,Places,Or Things Stand In Your Way Of Fulfilling Your Goals And Living Out Your Dreams." Teena Adler

Most Active