ROSE procedure

Emily F.
on 3/6/10 11:09 pm
Florida to Hermasillo, Mexico. DS plus airfare is about 15,000.
StacysMom
on 3/8/10 12:22 pm
To the person going to MX from FL:   Please be sure you are going to a DS vetted surgeon.   One of the docs that the DS board on OH or one of the DS websites approves.   You can get great medical care in Mexico (sometimes, even better care than in the U.S.)  ... or you can get butchered.   It's all a matter of thoroughly researching your surgeon.
(deactivated member)
on 3/7/10 8:00 am - Bayonne, NJ
There aren't very many doctors who can revise an RNY to a DS and do it right. Please travel and see one of the surgeons who had done multiple successful revisions. I went to Dr. Greenbaum in South Jersey, and I am happy. 
sunswept58
on 3/7/10 8:10 am
Thank you,,,I need to stop looking and relooking for a Dr local,,,I am going to give Dr Greenbaum a call,,,Did your DS get covered by insurance?
(deactivated member)
on 3/7/10 9:46 am - Bayonne, NJ
Yes, luckily, it was covered fully by BCBS Horizon Direct Access. As I was getting ready for surgery, my job switched to Cigna. I found that Dr. Greenbaum was on Cigna, too.

punkie112003
on 3/8/10 11:49 am - West Monroe, LA
DID you have gastric before DS? How has your DS compared to your gastric weight loss? I am looking into having this done but I am in Louisiana and the closest surgeon is in Denton Texas. Not sure what options i have left.
(deactivated member)
on 3/8/10 12:04 pm - Bayonne, NJ
I had RNY in 2003, went from 328 to 175. Regained to 221, but my real reason for the revision was that I had a permanent ring around the stoma, and it caused constant vomiting.

There are only about 4-5 really qualified revision surgeons. Most don't or can't do a full revision, so I researched heavily and found Dr. Greenbaum. He's done many revisions.

I am, at 2.5 months out, down to 187. It's much slower going than it was the first time around, but this should get me to goal by 18 months, my goal being 140.
Karen The Papaya
Queen

on 3/9/10 11:42 pm - somewhere
Karen The Papaya
Queen

on 3/9/10 11:44 pm - somewhere
Dr Stewart is great and his staff is TOP-Notch!  If I ever have to get a revision done, I won't have to look around for a doctor!

Life is tough, but my God is TOUGHER
"There is more to life than increasing its speed.? Gandhi
The Greatest Pleasure In Life Is Doing What People Say You Cannot  Do....

377/331/198/175 Highest/WLS/Current/Goal

Most Active