Hi

(deactivated member)
on 3/3/10 10:09 am
Co-morbidities:
HBP, diabetes, apnea, asthma.

Hi,

I'm very excited, I just came from my appointment with the surgeon. I told him that I wanted a revision to the Sleeve or DS. Then he suggested that the best choice for me was the Sleeve, but before that he mentioned the RNY to which I immediately responded with a negative since I don’t want nothing similar to the band, I don’t want a pouch. Then he said that I don’t need the DS because I was light weight, I’m 243, height 5’3". I said that I really wanted the Sleeve and he said that he will remove the band as I was asking him to do and he will check if it was possible to do the sleeve at the same time because some people with the band for a long time like myself, I have it since 2006, have a lot of adhesions scar tissue and if so, he will remove it and then later on he will do the Sleeve. I'm not motivated to exercise nor to diet. I'm always exhausted, must probably do to co-morbidities.  As I told the doctor, I hope to be more active as I loss wait, the weight lost make people more energetic.

Now I only worry about my insurance approval. What do you think?

MsBatt
on 3/4/10 6:04 am
The DS will be of more help with your diabetes than any other procedure, but in exchange, you have to be more dilligent about vitamins and supplements.

Exercise is NOT optional---DO IT.
(deactivated member)
on 3/4/10 7:12 am
MsBatt,
Thank you. LOL
Most Active