Got my surgery time! 6 days to go! EGD without throat numbing?

Rosestar
on 3/4/10 12:26 am
10:30 is a bit late for me, I don't have diabetes, I have pre diabetes and the best the scheduler could do is 9:00.

6:00 am would of been preferable. Be done with it! I wont be able to drink or take anti anxiety medicine. Just wait. Blah.

Yesterday I had the endscope/EGD. No spray down the throat, have been a big hurty thing since. Feels like they moved my band around, my port hurts. Even worse, my throat HURTS. Like strep throat hurts.

I am so out of it! They gave me profonyl and kept calling it 'Jackson Juice'. Someone told me thats what Michael Jackson was addicted to. My goodness!

So I talked to the nurse today and she said another day and I should be back to myself.

Lap Band --> RNY 3/10/10 Barix, Ypsilanti*5'3*
JRinAZ
on 3/4/10 1:12 am - Layton, UT
Jackson Juice?  A tad bit insensitive considering your cir****tances and considering "his" outcome with the juice!  ....  Chug protein drinks to help your throat and to get your body ready set for surgery:)

Jrinaz
Rosestar
on 3/4/10 1:41 am
Definitely protein drinks! I suggested to the surgeon I go on a liquid diet for a week, his OP is for 1 day before. Since he said I have a 'giant' liver. I am going to shrink that puppy down.

I am so whacky and out of it. I can't even form proper sentences. I can't imagine having that daily for years.

The outloud, loud crazy male nurse who is STILL in pre op, 2.5 years later, was the one who said it. Someone else echoed it. We were all joking around, I was just out of it and most likely saying kooky things.

Now, if I can just get some demerol for my pain pump, I wont have to worry about the nurses who count with their fingers giving me morphine or dilaudid which I am allergic to.

Onward upward!

B5_
on 3/4/10 4:30 am - Royal Oak, MI
Pineapple and Ginger will help a sore throat as they are both anti-inflamatories. If you have a juicer throw in about 1/2 pineapple and 1/4 inch piece of ginger (or more if you like the taste). If you dont have a juicer just drink some pineapple juice. You can also throw the juice in the blender with some ice and make a little slushy out of it!

Rosestar
on 3/4/10 6:04 am
Thanks! I am always looking for the 'natural' way to heal. (Hence the arnica montana I will be bringing to the hospital for surgery) Rose

Rosestar
on 3/5/10 1:44 pm
Feeling better, woo! Talked with a nurse at my doctors office. She explained to me about how tricky it is to get around some turn in the lower esophagus and it is like being punched, from the inside.

Stil so tired, I can't help but sleep all the time. So much to do, bag half packed. Gotta get house life organized. Otherwise I will feel like I have to get up and take care of business.

Dang!

Keeping positive no matter what, eyes on the prize.

Most Active