For band to sleevers

B5_
on 3/1/10 2:42 am - Royal Oak, MI
Hi! I'm wondering how long you were stuck in the house and/or out of work after returning from the hospital. I know every one is different but still, I'm curious. I am having an eroded & slipped band removed, a hiatal hernia repaired and conversion to the sleeve.
My employer is sending me home with a lap top so I can stay on top of things until I am well enough to sit in my office all day so that is great.
Of course I have tickets to see one of my favorite bands 6 days after the surgery so that could be a problem if I can't find a place in the theater to sit!

Debbie M.
on 3/1/10 8:37 am
My situation is different, I revised from an RNY to DS.  But I will tell  you, the thought of going to a concert 6 days after surgery is the last thing I would have wanted to do (I'm 13 days out now). Noise doesn't feel so good.  Anyway I hope your situation is different and you're ready to roll and have a good time at the show!

SW 358/CW 201/Goal - anything below 160
Angel to TEAZ (Michelle)

B5_
on 3/1/10 9:38 pm - Royal Oak, MI
I hope so too! I don't plan to be up front like I would normally be but hope I can at least weasel my way into the balcony (I have mf tix) to sit and listen.

You have a very Armenian Doctor, I see (I'm Armenian). Next time you see him ask when it will be OK for you to have a cheese boreg (triangles of phyllo with a melted brick cheese mixture - very Armenian).

Debbie M.
on 3/1/10 11:40 pm
mmmm that sounds really good!  kind of like a Greek Tyropita.  I'll be sure to put it on my list - wonder how many carbs are in those babies!

SW 358/CW 201/Goal - anything below 160
Angel to TEAZ (Michelle)

B5_
on 3/1/10 11:53 pm - Royal Oak, MI
I dunno - not too many, I should think. You use 2 layers of phylo in about a 4" strip and around 1-1/2tbs of a brick cheese/egg/parsley mixture and thats it. Well you butter the phylo as well.... not be healthiest snack for sure but as a small treat every now and again, yum! You can make them as tiny as you like but that is the average size. They freeze well too (before baking) so you can take one out, throw it in the toaster oven and you are done! OK - now I'm hungry.... gonna go get a glass of green juice!

Ms Shell
on 3/6/10 10:33 am - Hawthorne, CA
After being on these boards for the last 3 years and reading about removals of bands are bad enough.  The fact that yours has eroded and slipped and you'll be having a hiatal hernia repaired and then your stomach sleeved...it's gonna hurt and be several hours in surgery.  My girlfriend I believe "only" had a slipped band but with all the scar tissue she was under more then 5 hours and had a hard recovery.

I would jump over to the VSG forum and ask your question.

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

B5_
on 3/8/10 5:36 am - Royal Oak, MI
Ya - You are totally right. I had my final consult Saturday. He doesn't expect me home from the hospital until Sunday or maybe Monday. Gonna be rough but that's OK. I'll deal. I'm more worried about getting all my nutrients in once home for the first few weeks.

Ms Shell
on 3/8/10 11:04 am - Hawthorne, CA
Just KNOW that every day it does get better and better and easier and easier.

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

B5_
on 3/9/10 1:29 am - Royal Oak, MI
Very true!! I know the pain is going to just suck but I can push through it (with the help of liquid tylenol!). I don't like pain and have a pretty low tolerence but I'm not afraid of it.
3 days to wait now.... hoo-wee!!!

Most Active