Haven't told anyone....

marcie K.
on 3/4/10 9:16 am - Sahuarita, AZ
I think it's a personal decision and it's about you!  Who cares what others think and I don't feel like it is any of thier business what you choose to do with your body.  I had a band and revised to a vsg.  I did it due to complications (my original band was placed incorrectly) and had been loosing well but it had too high a cost.  Most people know I had the band and that I had another surgery.  I will say I had the band removed but haven't gone into a lot of detail about the vsg to most people.  I just don't feel like explaining and screw them if they judge me. 

as for if you don't make it through it's very unlikely and if in any case you aren't around to care about what they think right :) 

schoolbustam
on 3/8/10 10:54 am

Wow!  I hope you dont mind me writing but when I read your post it sounded like what I went thru! My highest wt was 348, when I left the hosp. I was 325.  The lowest I got down to with my RNY was 194, and I think I was there for only a few days.  I went to my fam. dr & asked what he thought of it, but said he doesnt kno much of the revisions to say.  Needless to say, my weight has been outta control again since about 2 yrs post op ('01--RNY done '99). I know now what I shoulda known then, but was young & dumb!  When I had lost all my wt., family mbrs & in-laws shunned me, pry outta bein jealous(they big too). They said I was "flaunting " it in their faces.  I wasn't trying to do that...I just, for the first time ever...like "ME"!  I had finally lost the weight and kept it off.  Then, about 2yrs later it started to come on again and I'd jus think I had it in my control. Wrong!  I was and am still embarrassed that I am up to 291#'s as of this am. To make matters worse, I work with 3 others who have had the surgery and they have maybe each gained 10#'s (+/-) I feel like they look at me as a failure.  I have looked into a RNY revision thru the yrs and am now learning about the DS, and I am really liking what i have been reading.  I guess if I were you..I'd do what is best for YOU!  And if you think that keeping it hush hush, then do so, but hopefully you have a really good g/f that will go with you and be there to help you when you get home with chores & stuff. Good Luck!  **If anyone has had a Revision from a RNY (open) to a DS...PLEASE contact me so I can ask some questions about it and get some hands on info.  I really wanna have it done, but Lap. this time if possible.  Also if your from MICHIGAN & had this revision to DS please contact me as I cannot find a Dr who will do this type of surgery in our small hometown!

Most Active