Haven't told anyone....

JRinAZ
on 2/28/10 8:10 am - Layton, UT
NOOOOO!!!  Don't do it Eve!  LOL!  OK>..so, here's me...in your same shoes a couple of years ago....had an Extended Rny cuz the surgeon said the DS was too risy and that the ERny would serve me even better!  .....Here's me now....ready to schedule my date for a DS so I can return to the land of the normal!!!  And....nope, DS is NOT just for the folks who need to lose a tremendous amount of weight....My BMI is 20!

Revise right then you won't need to be me .....waiting for yet a SECOND revision!!!

Plz find a doc who does the DS, has the expertise of having done oodles of revisions (successfully) and get his or her opinion!!!  ....  Having worked in the "biz", I know that lapbands, Rny's, etc are SOLD to anyone who walks through the office doors in spite of their individual cir****tances.

I can't say that i'm looking forward to my DS cuz there's a lot of slicing and dicing ahead of me before I do all the happy dancin stuff but.......at least I see a light at the end of the weight loss surgery tunnel!!!

Good luck!  Take your time and do your research and don't "settle"!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

cindywebb1667
on 2/28/10 11:02 am - Romeoville, IL
WOW two revisions ???

Insurance or self pay?

I gotta admire you for doing 'whatever it takes"

Grandma Cindy
326/286/140 (start/current/goal)

JRinAZ
on 2/27/10 7:02 am - Layton, UT
On February 27, 2010 at 11:33 AM Pacific Time, Debbie M. wrote:
I just had a revision from a failed RNY to a DS - I told a few people who I felt would be supportive.  It's all about me right now,and felt it was important to tell those who have been there for me me through the long frustrating journey and who I could count on moving forward.  I don't see the advantage in telling people who aren't going to be pulling for you. 
Debbie!  Welcome back to the boards girlfriend!

How ARE you??!!!  ....  I need to pick your brain on the hotel experience, hospital experience, your recovery, pain level......

I'm approved and ready to pick a date but am having some 2nd thoughts.  This is my 3rd revision so it's not like I don't understand pain, surgery and possibilities for complications.  That's the problem!  I understand all of that!  LOL!  I am letting my family absorb the information for a few days and am hoping for Divine Intervention for guidance!  LOL!  Anyone on these boards feeling a little Divine today?

Anyway....I'm pitiful.  I thought i was full steam ahead but..... 

I'm glad all went well for you and that you're on track for your 100 in SIX!!!! 

I'd love to chat with you!

Joyce
Debbie M.
on 2/27/10 8:58 am
Hey Joyce - PM me with your phone number and  a good time to call, I'd be happy to share everything I know and what I went through.  You're going through normal jitters - I know exactly how you feel.  I was in tears as they were rolling me in O.R. - Dr. K. says are you sure you want to do this - I'm like heck ya, let's get it done.  He's an amazing surgeon, you're going to be in great hands.
JRinAZ
on 2/28/10 8:16 am - Layton, UT
On February 27, 2010 at 4:58 PM Pacific Time, Debbie M. wrote:
Hey Joyce - PM me with your phone number and  a good time to call, I'd be happy to share everything I know and what I went through.  You're going through normal jitters - I know exactly how you feel.  I was in tears as they were rolling me in O.R. - Dr. K. says are you sure you want to do this - I'm like heck ya, let's get it done.  He's an amazing surgeon, you're going to be in great hands.
Debbie!  I'm just impressed that you're able to sit at the puter and actively type away.....  That's a good sign:)

I'll PM you right now......I have MAjOR "what if's" going on and the family is petrified to send me into another O.R.!  .....  So, do you think Dr. K would have turned you around if you'd have really lost it and changed your mind?  LOL!  ....  I remember having a freak right before he did my endoscopy and next thing I knew I was wondering where in the heck I was!  .....  I don't do hospital stuff well!

sorry for all the whiney posts....
.I'm really a strong person cept when sharp objects are involved

Joyce

Debbie M.
on 2/28/10 11:48 am
If I would have had any doubt whatsoever he would have turn me around in a heartbeat.  Your family is going through normal stuff - can't blame them, but you need to do what's right for you.  Dr. K. is the best, you've chosen well.

SW 358/CW 201/Goal - anything below 160
Angel to TEAZ (Michelle)

cindywebb1667
on 2/28/10 10:57 am - Romeoville, IL
Was yours covered by insurance?

Grandma Cindy
326/286/140 (start/current/goal)

Debbie M.
on 2/28/10 11:50 am
nope, have gone into debt for it. 

Angel to TEAZ (Michelle)

Caleña M.
on 3/1/10 6:02 am
Just feel you are not alone, I am going through the same exact scenario, and from the support I've been getting from this forum, I have empowered myself to get the DS, and I have decided I will go over to the neighboring state (NY) for an experienced revision DS surgeon..have narrowed it down to 2, and I am already leaning towards the final candidate.....and I don't have a tremendous amount of weight to loose...but it definately is enought to cut our years of my life if I don't get them off NOW...

Wish you success,

DS SW - 201 4/21/11; GW 130
Debbie M.
on 3/1/10 6:11 am
Hi Calena,
I had my surgery 2weeks ago and have absolutely no regrets whatsoever, it was a long and well thought out decision which I'm very comfortable with.  Getting this weight off  and taking care of me for a change is my #1 priority.  I wish you much success as you move forward in your journey.
Take care,
Debbie M.

Angel to TEAZ (Michelle)

Most Active