revision fr band to ds denied

cindywebb1667
on 2/27/10 5:15 pm - Romeoville, IL
I'm trying to get a reivision from lap band to DS.  My band is as tight as it goes and I still don't feel restriction.  I lost 85 pounds and gained it all back!  Flouroscope does not reveal anything wrong with the band so the insurance company has denied my surgery.  BCBS of IL.

Has anyone else had a revision from band to DS without having complications with the band?  If yes - what insurance did you have?

If I can't get the surgery because of the insurance company - I'll get insurance that will approve the DS.

I desperately need it!!!!

Help me please???

Grandma Cindy
326/286/140 (start/current/goal)

(deactivated member)
on 3/1/10 7:32 am - Virginia Beach, VA

I have aetna and I was approved for a revision due to band complications, but another clause says you can have a revision if adequate weight loss has not been accomplished.

meganwf
on 3/2/10 5:42 am
I have heard that United Healthcare is one of the better ones for getting approval, unless the company has WLS exclusions.

Good Luck!
SmyleyFace
on 3/3/10 2:02 am, edited 3/3/10 2:02 am - Phoenix, AZ
How frustrated you must be. The band absolutely did not work for me. I ate too many slider foods and could not eat solids without vomiting. My doctor got me approved for the RNY with BCBS of AZ even though part of the problem was my inability to change some of my eating patterns. I only lost 30lbs with the band after a year. That plus the intractible vomiting may have got it for me. Don't give up. Your doctor should resubmit and insist on coverage, documenting something they want to hear. They've done this before and they know what the insurance companies need.  Also, lots of people get denied the first time. Try again. Good luck.

NEVER TOO LATE TO BEE HAPPY!!!!            

Most Active