The wows just keep on coming....

Kerry J.
on 2/24/10 12:17 am - Santa Clara, UT
OMG; just when I think, I'm getting used to the new me and in enjoying the life I have now, I have another wow happen and I'm in shock again.

The smallest size of pants I can ever remember wearing is a 34" waist; that's the size I wore when I was a sophomore in High School; that's right, the 10th grade. At the time, I weighed 165 pounds, I know this because that's the weight I wrestled at as a sophomore. I wasn't much good as a wrestler because the other guys who weighed that much were very lean and muscular I was a little pudgy.

Anyway, back to the story for today. So this morning after tennis I took a shower and weighed myself; 200 pounds even. I've been bouncing between 195 & 200 for a few months now and today it was 200. I started to get a little upset because I want to weigh 185 and it seems like I'm going the wrong way, but I know, I'm really not, I'm just gaining more in lean body mass than I'm losing in fat. So I think, well if that's really the case, maybe I can fit into some 33" waist jeans I bought a few months ago by accident. I'm really not thinking they will fit, but I decide to give them a try just so I can see how close I am to being able to wear them comfortably. I already knew I could squeeze into them, but I'm not going to wear them until the really fit.

So I dig them out, try them on and OMG, they fit; in fact they're a little loose, they're not the least bit tight, not anywhere. Not only that, but I needed to buckle my belt one hole smaller than I'm used to in order to hold them up.

So here I am, sitting in my office chair in my 33" waist jeans not believing this can really be me. How can I weigh 200 pounds and have a 33" waist? I weigh 35 pounds more than I did when I was a sophomore in High School and I have a 1" smaller waist and I'm almost 58 years old.

Have you ever had one of those nightmares where you just hope and pray you wake up? Well this is like a dream and I'm afraid I'm going to wake up and discover it's all just a dream.

This is just UNREAL; how can this be? How can it be, that I can enjoy eating, enjoy life, and have a 33" waist? Me, the pudgy guy, how can I have a 33" waist? Even a 34" waist was too good to be true, but goody hell, a 33!!!!!!

I'm still stunned.....

Kerry
aqtnsc
on 2/24/10 4:26 am
Kerry
Congratulations! That is definitely a major wow! Keep rockin your DS!!!!!!!!!!!
smileyjamie72
on 2/24/10 6:26 am - Palmer, AK
Kerry-

Your HARD work & determination is SOOO TOTALLY PAYING OFF!!!!

Good For You!!!!!!  YAY!!!!!
-Jamie

RNY 2/26/2002                           DS 12/29/2011
HW 317                                     SW 263 BMI 45.1
SW 298                                     CW 192 BMI 32.9~60% EWL
LW 151 in 2003  
TT 4/9/2003

Normal BMI 24.8 is my GOAL!!!

GBP (RNY) 2/26/02 298 lbs, TT 4/9/03 151 lbs, DS 12/29/11
HW 317 SW 263 BMI 45.1/CW 192 BMI 32.9/GW 145 ~ Normal BMI 24.8
**Revision Journey started 3/2009 Approved 12/12/11**

JRinAZ
on 2/24/10 11:38 pm - Layton, UT
Wow is right Kerry!!!

33" waist is what my very skinny 6 foot tall son wears!!!!  You are a lean mean tennis playing machine!!!!  Weigh 2 go and congrats to you on a "DS" job well done!!!!  (185 is still a good goal but don't let it own you!!!  ....just numbers.....let the 33 be your new mantra!!!!)

Big High Five Huggggzzzz,

Joyce

(deactivated member)
on 2/26/10 3:04 am
Way got go! I'm thrilled for you!
Most Active