Revision LapBand to RYN 3/1/2010

Eve
on 2/24/10 10:15 am - Randolph , MA
Hi there!! Yes, The acid reflux that occurs with the band...I didnt feel anything tho, but when I was told this I was terrified!! I am very scared but I must do this!! Keep me posted on your journey as well

I had initially Started this journey 5 years ago when I weighed 233 lbs height 5'2" BMI was 42.8. I lost alot of weight after being banded, but the the weight crept up. I had Revision Surgery 3/31/2010 to RNY  I took some time away after getting Married and having two kids but now I am On my way again!!!! 

hmm152psu
on 3/26/10 11:14 am - Mebane, NC
I had my band put in 8/07 in Mexico and really didn't lose much weight (maybe 30 pounds?).  When I have fluid in the band all I can tolerate is liquids.  I thought it was just me.  I am pursuing a revision and my surgeon did an EGD, and turns out my band is slipped and my esophagus is dilated.  They are suggesting I consider getting another band since my band may have been slipped from the beginning.  I was pretty set on rny.  They aren't pressuring me, just told me to think about it.  Any thoughts?
Most Active