Band revision to...

(deactivated member)
on 2/20/10 4:46 am
I'm considering revision from lap band to either DS or RNY. I need to know if someone that had the lad band and had revision to RNY is doing better. Is the lap band rules and diet similar to RNY. This is my may concern since the band wasn't the right surgery for me.
Thanks, Chabela

"People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel "

USAF Wife
on 2/21/10 1:49 am
I think it depends on why the band wasn't the right surgery for you. I had a band and revised to VSG. I knew I could be successful with a restrictive procedure only, and toyed briefly with RNY. But, the pouch with my band sucked, and I truly did not want another pouch. I love the sleeve, and am very happy with my results, and quality of life that I am living today.

Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

PekinSal
on 2/21/10 7:15 am - UK
I went a bit further than the sleeve because I was diabetic and the DS cures it. The diet for DS is totally different to the band. It isnt really like a diet at all, because you don't feel hungry much.

You have to eat plenty of protein, but it stays down. You can eat fat and it helps you to lose (because you feel fuller and it isn't absorbed) but you still have to restrict carbs.

On the hard side you have to take vitamins - I take about 20 a day, and have to have your labs monitored.

Theres a repeat post on the DS site that lists what people are eating - 'bites n vites' so that will give you some picture of what we get up to.

DS revision from failed lapband

Most Active