EXCACTLY 1 Week to Revision!!!

kittenqutie
on 2/21/10 12:32 pm - Phoenix, AZ
So exactly one week from today it will be the night before my revision from the Band to RNY!!  I can hardly believe that this is really gonna happen.  I am so excited and scared and anxious and impatient.   EEEEKKKKKK  my revision seems like a dream. I'm sure there are others here that have felt the same way.

I am packing my bag of to see my Doc (Dr, Aceves)  I really can't wait. . .did I just say I can't wait to have surgery. . .isn't that an oxymoron???

Rosestar
on 2/21/10 2:12 pm
Hooray! Hooray! That is so wonderful. I am getting my revision (same as yours band to RNY) on March 10th.

Same feelings going on here. I gotta stop reading about complications. Positive thinking, positive results. Plus my surgeon rocks and I am mostly healthy besides being overweight and sleep apnea.

I am loading up on vitamins, even though Dr.Poplawski doesn't require a liquid diet, I am going to do it a week before, give it my best shot. Get ready for the post op liquid diet!

We can and will do it and thrive!

Rose

Lap Band --> RNY 3/10/10 Barix, Ypsilanti*5'3*
(deactivated member)
on 2/22/10 8:45 am
Congratulations! I hope all goes well for you!
colleendlyd
on 2/22/10 11:49 am
Woohoo! Please keep us posted. That is the same surgery i am looking into. I had my lapband in 2007 with little success. Lost 50 lbs - gained back 30. I was thinking of going to Dr. Aceves or Dr. Almanza. Dr. Aceves is a lot more expensive but he seems to have the most experience and a longer time in the hospital, etc.

Are you going alone or is someone going with you?
kittenqutie
on 2/23/10 6:31 am - Phoenix, AZ
Dr. Aceves ROCKS!!!  He is absolutely the best.   I wouldn't go to another doctor even if I didn't have to self pay.  You can tell right off the bat that he REALLY cares about his patients and his experience is almost unmatched.  PLUS the Hospital is ridiculously clean I mean seriously I would eat off the floors that (mostly because when ever I went there for my fills I would watch the custodial engineer mop them at least once an hour)haha!  If you have any questions about Dr. Aceves please read my review of him on my page I meant every word and I didn't write that until I had some real time to digest my experience there.  That's why I am going back to him.

My mother is going with me, she went with me before so I'm calling her my "good luck charm"  The Band SUCKED, if I had a warranty I would defiantly ca**** in.  But hopefully soon I will have RNY and be a LOSER!!!!

I'll keep you posted

Rosestar
on 2/23/10 1:56 pm
Oh man, a warranty would be GREAT! Ca**** on, pay for extensions for the hair we just might lose and a bit leftover for a vacation somewhere warm. In our new bathing suits ofcourse!

Lap Band --> RNY 3/10/10 Barix, Ypsilanti*5'3*
Most Active