ERNY Input

(deactivated member)
on 2/19/10 11:33 pm
Where are my fellor ERNY revision peeps?

So here's my scoop. Had the ERNY done in June of 09, down about 75 lbs. Things are going great except for the fact that I am ALWAYS hungry... I mean I can eat a meal and within an hour I'm ready to eat again. This isn't only a head thing.. I'm actually hungry. Anyone else experience this?

My vitamin lvls are all out of whack as well. Trying to get that taken care of.

Would love to hear how things are going for you guys..
Thanks
Tara
JRinAZ
on 2/20/10 4:08 am - Layton, UT
On February 20, 2010 at 7:33 AM Pacific Time, tara_b wrote:
Where are my fellor ERNY revision peeps?

So here's my scoop. Had the ERNY done in June of 09, down about 75 lbs. Things are going great except for the fact that I am ALWAYS hungry... I mean I can eat a meal and within an hour I'm ready to eat again. This isn't only a head thing.. I'm actually hungry. Anyone else experience this?

My vitamin lvls are all out of whack as well. Trying to get that taken care of.

Would love to hear how things are going for you guys..
Thanks
Tara
Hiya Tara!
I was revised to an ERny in Dec of 07 and lost about 75 lbs as well.  Ditto to everything you said.....ravenous all the time!  Crappy labs!  (and some other junk that makes life wayyyy toooo challenging!)....

So, I'm in the process of trying to get a THIRD revision to DS with Dr. Keshishian in CA!  I just dont' want to fight the ongoing uphill battle of malnutrition and issues.  I can't WAIT to have some restriction with a real piece of stomach and enough absorption (he'll lengthen my common chanell from 50 to ????)  to get my labs in better shape!!!

I would totally recommend getting in touch with Michelle (aka as www.vitalady.com) if you haven't already so you can get going on the aggressive vitamin protocol; if you aren't already on it!

Congrats on the weight loss!  The ERny is a HIGH price to pay for a weight loss and I no longer recommend it to ANYONE!!!!  But, to those who have it already.....just do your best to stay ahead of the malnutrition curve by shoveling the required vitamins.  Make sure you have labs at least every 3 months til you get squared away and then twice a year.....

For the hunger?  Try a hot protein drink (made like hot chocolate) at least 30 minutes before you eat and then make sure you focus on DENSE lean protein for your nutritional intake.  I eat a ton of eggs because they are one of the most absorbable forms of protein and if cooked the right way can be satisfying for a while.

With us, it's REALLY important to NOT drink with our meals or drink too soon after our meals.  We already have extremely fast rapid emptying so to water the food down will just swi**** through......leaves us empty and hungry again!

Good luck!!!!  Let us know how you're doing, K?!!!

Joyce in AZ
PekinSal
on 2/23/10 2:39 am - UK
If its any consolation Joyce DSers are always shovelling the vitamins down. I take them four at a time now just to get through them faster! I'll start to look like an iron tablet soon...

DS revision from failed lapband

Most Active