Revision Approved !!!

lil one to be .
on 2/17/10 10:00 am - Somewhere out there
So Excited My revision surgery from Lap Band to RNY has been approved ny my insurance.  I am all set for Feb 26th..Yipeeee

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney.

HW 245 / SW 223 / CW 154 / GW 145

candie33
on 2/18/10 2:54 am
Congratulations..
missnanajean
on 2/18/10 10:40 am - Friendswood, TX
Get ready for a Great Ride! Don't be disappointed if the weight is slower bu****ch your body changes and the weight will follow. Had the same surgery in Nov. 09 and down 4 sizes and 50#.  Get a heating pad that was my only discomfort was at the site where they removed the port. The heating pad helped greatly. The discomfort lasted about 3 weeks. Take only a couple sips with your liquid pain medicine or it will work too fast and not last as long since we have a smaller stomach and malabsorption with RNY.Good Luck
  Miss  Jean   
justaplainjane
on 2/18/10 11:35 am, edited 2/18/10 11:35 am - Port Huron, MI
Can I ask you how you got it approved?  And also did you have something wrong with your band? 

BTW Congrats *Ü*
(deactivated member)
on 2/20/10 2:22 am - NJ
On February 18, 2010 at 7:35 PM Pacific Time, justaplainjane wrote:
Can I ask you how you got it approved?  And also did you have something wrong with your band? 

BTW Congrats *Ü*
I can't speak for the OP, but I can tell you that I had a revision from the band to RNY and it was because the band was causing me terrible reflux.  NOT BECAUSE I WASN'T LOSING WEIGHT (I wasn't losing that much, but that was because my stomach was always on fire).  

That was what my insurance told me anyway - I had the band in June 08 and it was removed in March 09, and I had RNY in April 09.  My surgeon did two surgeries to let my stomach heal from the reflux in between.

Hope that helps!

ccrider
on 2/19/10 10:33 am

I am very happy for you!  It is always nice to get the stamp of approval! Lots of luck with your RNY.  I will be joining you when I have my revision from a sleeve to an RNY on March 11th.  

lil one to be .
on 2/20/10 2:45 am - Somewhere out there
THank you all for your Kind words.  I am so excited.  Jenn thanks for the infor, I am going to have my heating pad ready!! 

Plane Jane... I was approved in 1 day.  I developed Barrets Syndrome caused by acid reflux and the barium swallow showed I had a blockage, but I could eat anything.  We founfd this all out because I gained weight.  With the band I went from 245 to 160, so I had great success.  I am not back up again and cant wait for my journey..

Thanks all..K

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney.

HW 245 / SW 223 / CW 154 / GW 145

(deactivated member)
on 2/21/10 7:01 am
Congratulations and best wishes to you! It would be so nice if we all could get approved so easily. lol
Most Active