My Sclerotherapy Update

annrenee black
on 2/17/10 12:28 am - Dallas, TX
Hi guys.  I truly think its important to post on my sclerotherapy procedure given the limited information on th eprocedure, so here goes.    I had my original procedure on 1/27 (painnnnful!!!).   Well yesterday I had my follow up visit since the surgery.   Well to say the least the results weren't great in my estimation.  My doc says that I am down 7 pounds....( mind you still had my coat and shoes on,under wire bra, hair extensions lol, no BM that day and lots of water)  he says seven I say 10.   I was a little disappointed in the results ;he however, was thrilled.  He said " do you know that means you've cut 24500 calories..."  Okay that was my wow moment, that truly put everything into perspective.    He said that this weightloss will be beyond slow and on average 5 pounds a month is what we shoot for.....yeah ok.   But when you think about it the best diet out there only promises 1-2 punds a week on average.....so really given that I'm hopeful that by June I will be down to a size 10 where I want to be.   So for those of you considering sclerotherapy it's not dramatic weightloss its geared in my estimation to get us back on track, which is all I can ask for for now.
Zee Starrlite
on 2/19/10 4:57 am
OMG!!!

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

annrenee black
on 3/19/10 3:28 am - Dallas, TX
Just a small update.  Let's see I had my procedure on January 26, 2010 and as of today March 19th I'm down from 203 ish to 188.   Slow and steady wins the race.  I have about 15 more pounds to go to be back to my goal of 173.  I'm so happy.  I have to admit I do kinda force myself to eat just .  I'm just not very hungry as compaired to a year of literally starving from minute to minute.  My only complaint is the gas.....oh ...my God  it's beyond bad.  But at least now I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, Praise God!  this week is spring break so I've been to the gym every morning between 5 and 7.  Today I woke up really late but decided to go and could only stay 20 minutes before my husband had to go to work.  I think going though I burned no real calories was just more mental than anything.  I havent been able to go like I've wanted to sometimes I could go twice a week if I was lucky.  But this week has helped me to decide If I want to remain a size 10, and healthy I have to get to the gym no matter what.   I've held a lot of resentment because I could only work out at 5 am due to hubbys schedule but I think my mind is now back in gear.  Wish me luck.
Most Active