anyone heard of lapband revision

iamzoesmommy
on 2/13/10 1:14 pm - bluefield, WV
I have a slipped and I am scheduled to have a lap band revision on feb 19th, has anyone had this?  Can you tell me how it went.
Sassy 1
on 2/14/10 2:44 am
Hi, there!
I had my Lap Band put in 12/06, had a slip 9/07 and am currently sitting here with another slip.  It's pretty much the same surgery as you had before, but more scars.  The port healing wasn't as bad (I remember that being the worst with the first), but they didn't need to replace my port. 
When my first slip happened, we chalked it all up to me having the flu 3 times in a row and too much vomiting.  With this second slip, my doctor is suggesting a VSG.  I guess each time they go in, more scar tissue is created so more complicated for the surgeon/bigger chance of complications.
I didn't even know what VSG was before my doc suggested it, but does look similiar to banding without all of the band issues.  You might want to check out the forum- it helped me become more knowledgeable about options.
Good luck, whatever you decide!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
juliewilk
on 2/14/10 8:49 am - Novi, MI
I had 2 slips - replaced band once - gave up and did RNY 9/28/09 - very happy I did.  NO more reflux, etc.
emjayel56
on 2/15/10 2:46 am - Boynton Beach,, FL

My story same as Julie's above... two slipped bands, replaced one band for another band, then revised to RNY which I love!  Lost more weight in 6 months with bypass than in 9 years with bands and all health issues associated with band have ceased.  I wish I did bypass from day 1.

take care.  good luck.

maryjo

BELOW GOAL WEIGHT... LOST 151 LBS AND CURRENTLY WEIGH 138 LBS.  ... Maryjo

Most Active