Trying to get over the idea of another surgery...Have a slipped lapband going for RNY

justaplainjane
on 2/19/10 1:28 pm - Port Huron, MI
Ty Daizy I will also keep my fingers crossed for you too, I have lots of complaints, the area where my port is, is sore sometimes to the point where i can't lean against anything, I don't throw up on a daily basis but often enough, my problem is not that I can't complain but that I can't afford to complain my co-pay is 30 dollars for every dr appt I have a deaf child and another child with Glaucoma unfortunately I have almost weekly appts for them that I feel are more important than my needs most of the time, I do have another appointment with my lapband surgeon coming up on the 1st, going to voice my concerns with him and see what he says! 
Smile96
on 2/18/10 8:38 am - hendersonville, TN
I had the band in 2003, never was successful.  I had a revision to DS and have lost more weight this first month post op then I did with the band.  I wish you the best with your revision.  I am so happy with the band out and didn't realize how uncomfortable I was with it.
Cathleen S.
on 2/18/10 10:57 am
I hear that... I am VERY uncomfortable with the band. I have been for over a year now. it is terribly painful and there are whole days when I can't even eat anything. Until my band slipped I was very successful with the weight loss and never felt like I was dieting. I am hoping that the RNY will allow the same comfortable eating style as the band but without all of the pain. Good Luck to you and thank you so much for sharing your story!

~Any reality you can imagine~

Kathy H.
on 2/18/10 1:15 pm - Kent, WA
Hey there.

I had a VBG (an old stomach stapling) in the mid 80s... lost a bunch of weight and gained it back over the course of the following 15 years.  I revised to the DS in early May of '09, and have lost 117 pounds so far.... gads, I'm ONE POUND AWAY FROM ONEDERLAND!!

Wheeee!

I had had enough of the pouch thing. I wanted to eat more normally, and have been so happy with my choice. My labs all look great (I've been an avid supplement junkie for years - which helped), and I am enjoying more freedom in eating than I have in 25 years. No more pouch!! I can't tell you what that feels like. I can eat steak ... chicken... bacon ... ~laughing~ .. and NOT vomit it back up. I love live without a pouch.

ahhhhhhhhh-mazing.

I can't lie to you... my recovery was a ***** Because of my original surgery (which was open), my revision was open, and it kicked my ass. Inside the recovery, it seemed to take forever. Now that I'm about 10 months out, it seems like nothing more than a blip on the radar.

Good luck with the second chapter of your journey. You didn't fail the surgery - the surgery failed you.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you considered the Duodenal Switch? Information is power.

Most Active