Thinking about going from Band to DS

(deactivated member)
on 2/12/10 5:55 pm - Chicago, IL
VSG on 06/21/12

Hello, my name is Kristine, I had the lapband 4/2007 went from 300 to 224, not so bad, butttt I feel I have gone as far as I can go and the scale is creeping uppp :( I am Very interested in the DS but it looks like not to many Doc's in My area "chicago" do it??? I'm gonna see my surgeon on Monday, I'll be interested in what he has to say, I am so scared to talk to him about this! Yikes........

PekinSal
on 2/12/10 9:36 pm - UK
Don't worry about talking to the surgeon about this - it isnt his fault, the band doesnt work for everyone.

Not many docs in the world do DS so you might have to travel. I had to travel to London for mine, but having lived with it for coming up to two years I would absolutely say it is worth it. If you want details of the nearest surgeons ask on the DS board or look at DSfacts.com

Bear in mind though that revisions are more complicated as well, and not all of the surgeons who can do DS can also do revisions to them from other surgeries. Ask what surgeries your surgeon does, whether he does revisions and how many he has done. DSers have plenty of opinions so feel free to post a question on there for feedback about him as well.

Good luck

DS revision from failed lapband

MsBatt
on 2/13/10 3:56 am
Go to the DS board. I think there are several DS surgeons in the Chicago area. but you'll need to find one that does revisions.
Sassy 1
on 2/14/10 2:48 am
Hi, Kristine,
I had the lapband 12/06 and was successful with it, as well, but am now on my second slip.  My doc is suggesting the VSG, which I didn't even know what it was until he suggested it.  You might want to check out the VSG forum as it seems alot less complications/better day to day living than other options.  Just thought you might want to know it's out there! 

Good luck!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
Most Active