If you revised to an RNY from a VBG...

StephanieEllen
on 2/5/10 1:32 pm - Smalltown, Canada
was your weight loss slower than you would expect? Slower than a typical RNY person? I am wondering if my numbers will be different...
rebeccaford
on 2/7/10 3:26 am - Honolulu, HI
 I'm a revision from a VBG to RNY the first part of April.  To date, I have lost 130 lbs.  I "heard" that the revision people lose a lot slower, but I'll let you I've lost more than I ever expected to with this surgery and I'm still losing.  I have 7 lbs to my goal weight of 149.  It hasn't even been a year.  I dump on EVERYTHING practically especially sugar.  Anything more than 4-5 g of sugar, I get insanely sick.  With my VBG I still ate a lot of sugar!  I think that is one MAJOR reason I'm losing at such a great pace.  I am always thinking this dream will end because i've always been a failure with the diet/surgery thing.  So I don't know if I'm an expection to the rule.  I'm not exercising hard-core like I want to! so I'm sure I'll make it to my goal weight.  

You can do it!  Follow the progam.  Get rid of that nasty VBG.  It made me miserable for several years not being able to swallow anything but slider foods.  

Email me if you have any other questions:  [email protected]

Rebecca
3/23/2003 Open VBG
4/6/2009 Open RNY Revision
6/08/2011  - I've lost 155 lbs! size 8-10

Andrea_1972
on 2/16/10 1:36 pm - WA
I had my vbg 20 years ago.  I really did not have that much weight to lose, so yes is has been "slow". What has been even slower to go away are the bad habits that I used to deal with the fact that I could not really eat for all those years. Yes my weight loss is slow but I can eat like a regular person now.
Good Luck
Most Active