Weight loss question (band to RNY)

Angie T.
on 2/5/10 11:04 pm - Somewhere, NY
Hey everyone, hope your all doing great!
I was banded 11/1/06 and lost 50lbs
I've been revised from band to RNY on 10/26/09. Since the surgery I've lost 35lbs.  
When I read what other RNYers have lost, I am way behind. (I know everyone is different and it all depends on Y O U, excersize, water intake, protein vs carbs) I'm not comparing, just curious if in general, revisions loose slower?

What's the average for revisions? I seem to be 10 - 12 lbs per month, which is awesome in my opinion.
What do you guys think?

Kindness Matters  

Angie

PekinSal
on 2/6/10 3:20 am - UK
I think it can take longer for us revisions to get there. Partly because we've already had that 'OMG I've lost 30lbs this week' post-surgery/new diet shock. Or not, in the case of the band!

We'll get there in the end though!

DS revision from failed lapband

mariepro
on 2/6/10 10:00 pm - Vernon, CT
I have had the band in 06 lost 70 lbs. new band in 08 gained 20 lbs. RNY 10/20/09 and I have lost 45 lbs. but am stuck right now I haven't been going to the gym this past month I was going three to four times a week and work has consumed my life lately. I have made a decision that I will go no matter what, no excuses. I am happy with the lost that I have had I'm happy with 1-2 lbs. a week. I think your doing great nd hope you continue on with the 10-12 lbs. a month. I feel I eat too much most of the time, I try to track everything but have a hard time.

Angie T.
on 2/7/10 10:05 am - Somewhere, NY
Hey, you and I have dates and loss in common. Thanks for sharing. I also feel as though I eat too much. I remember my doc saying he had to make my pouch a little larger than someone who wasnt a revision. The reason is to avoid any scar tissue from the band. That would explain being able to eat more than the average bypass patient. Thanks for the support!

Kindness Matters  

Angie

emjayel56
on 2/7/10 10:04 am - Boynton Beach,, FL
I was revised from band to bypass 6 months ago; i have lost 60 lbs. and will be at goal with another 10-15 lbs. 

BELOW GOAL WEIGHT... LOST 151 LBS AND CURRENTLY WEIGH 138 LBS.  ... Maryjo

Angie T.
on 2/7/10 10:08 am - Somewhere, NY

Good for you!  thats awesome. I guess 10lbs a month is a good average.

Kindness Matters  

Angie

Most Active