Just Had to tell someone!!

sugarme12
on 2/5/10 5:07 am - Ypsilanti, MI

I am scheduled and ready to go!!!!  I'm  very excited about my upcoming BOB revision.  I have been reading other posts and I'm happy that I havent come across any stories of someone that had a horrible experience with a BOB.  PAT is march 3rd, I have a scope done march 10th,  and then surgery is on march 17th.  I have made the decision not to tell everyone about what I'm doing this go round.  With the other surgeries I have had, I told everyone and dealt with whatever they said, positive or negative.  I have decided that at this point in my journey, I don't have time for the negativity.  I arrived at this conclusion when I told my oldest daughter (God bless her) that I was planning to have the revision.  She said she felt like I was setting a bad example for them (her and her sisters)...in her opinion, I was sending a signal to them that they can just eat and get as big as they want now, because when they are old enough, they can just have the surgery to lose weight.  Plus, she said, she was scared for me to have another surgery (This will be my 5th...RNY in 2001 and reconstructive procedures in '06,'07 and '08)  I was kind of offended to be honest, but I have to do this.  I see it as a second chance for me.  I started at 365lbs and lost 162 lbs with RNY.  My lowest weight was 203.  Then I started slowly gaining...now I am up to 260 and I WILL NOT go back up another 100lbs to 365lbs, NO WAY!    But with no restriction, its inevitable so this BOB revision is another chance to get down to my original goal (that I never hit) of 170...THANK GOD FOR ANOTHER CHANCE! 

(deactivated member)
on 2/5/10 7:15 am, edited 2/5/10 7:15 am
Good Lord-I've been trying to reply to your post for over an hour now and my computer keeps freezing. I'm trying again!

First thing I wanted to say was--CONGRATULATIONS!!! I hope all goes well for this time around. I know it's a hard struggle and even harder decision to keep going through one thing after another. Just hang in there and hold your head up high!!

Second--I can understand about your daughter being scared for you having another surgery. I hope she realizes this isn't something that you intended to happen again. I also hope she doesn't truely believe you'd want her and her sisters to actually need WLS down the road. We all know this is a last resort for most of us and that we wouldn't want to go through it ourselves if we didn't absolutely have to! God Bless you with much success on your journey!!
sugarme12
on 2/7/10 10:48 pm - Ypsilanti, MI
Hi Kathy,

Thanks for your reply to my post.  This site is really the best isn't it?  I have had so much encouragement to acheive my goals here.  Again, thank you for responding postively.  I had a talk with my second oldest daughter (who happens to be the heaviest of my daughters) and although she didn't want me to do it, she understood why I had to, so I do have some support.  My husband is supportive now as well.  Good luck to you with your revision plans. 

Sugar
(deactivated member)
on 2/9/10 4:48 am
You are quite welcome! I agree-this site is the best! Very nice people here with wonderful support and advice!

I'm happy to hear your daughter understands and that your husband is being supportive-that helps a lot! Your other daughters will come around too-have faith!

Thank you for wishing me luck on my revision plans. I'll post about my consult with Dr. Hill after I see him on March 5th.
woolstitcher
on 2/5/10 12:23 pm - OH
I understand about the not telling ... I felt the same way this time around. 
good luck w/ your BOB.
"Mom, in our house every day is Autism Awareness Day"
~my 9 year old w/ ASD
Brenda Holmes
on 2/5/10 1:16 pm - Plano, TX
Hello my name is Brenda and I really understand how you feel because so story is so similar to my own.  My sons dont want me to have a revision but I must reach my goal.  I had my RNY IN 2003 and lose 142 lbs got down to 242 but I now weight 267.  Please email me to give my more information about your revision.  [email protected]  or call me 469 222-5737.  Thanks
Most Active