Where are my Band-over-Bypass Peeps At?

jaxmom
on 2/4/10 6:18 am
hi,
i am scheduled for a band-over-bypass on 3/22. I was posting in the lap band forum and i got a response from someone very helpful who went down a similar road. I am hoping to find more BOBers who can relate to me and share their experiences with the band. I know what to expect based on the bander's feedback, but  i am wondering if it's completely different after an rny.
Thanks so much!!!!!
Lap-Banded March 16, 2010
263.4/187/148(Start/current/Goal)

'once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right'

(deactivated member)
on 2/4/10 7:50 am - San Diego, CA
Right here, Jaxmom!! :)  I was BOB'ed last May and LOVING IT.
jaxmom
on 2/4/10 8:42 am, edited 2/4/10 8:50 am
Ummm, I can't see how you could look in the mirror and not love it???? That's your current pic? If I come out looking 1% as good as you, I'll be fabulous!!!!

Funny you are the first to reply here t my post. Jackie told me a little about you on another thread. Do you mind sharing your experience for, i'm sure, the millionth time?

YAY I'm gonna be a BOBBER!!!!!

'once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right'

(deactivated member)
on 2/5/10 8:25 am - San Diego, CA
Hi there!  So I see you read my blogs, which pretty much detail everything under the sun.  Do you have any other questions that were not addressed?  I'm excited for you.  You are going to do GREAT! 
jaxmom
on 2/5/10 9:26 am
thanks! oh, don't sweat it sister,i will have buttloads of questions

woolstitcher
on 2/4/10 11:10 pm - OH
I just posted an update.
So far, recovery for me is completely different from my RNY, however I had an Open RNY and ended up back in the hospital 4 times.  I vomited a LOT after RNY, but so far none with BOB
"Mom, in our house every day is Autism Awareness Day"
~my 9 year old w/ ASD
sandysgrin
on 2/5/10 10:38 am - mesa, AZ
I'm going for a band over my bypass that I had back in 1999 :) I'm going to Mexico for mine on 2-11-2010.....Yippy!

jaxmom
on 2/5/10 8:34 pm
OMG!!! how freaking excited are you?????? Seriously, HOW EXCITED ARE YOU???? I cannot wait (my date is 3/22).... can't  wait to hear all about your journey thus far and afterwards!! I am soooo doing a major happy dance for you!

sandysgrin
on 2/5/10 11:51 pm - mesa, AZ
Hi and Thank you! We (my sister and I are both going and having it done:) its like a Due date when you expecting a baby....lol. Every day we glow and remind each other of how many days we have left. One nice thing is that we are leaving a day before so at least the journey is a day closer :) Where are you having yours done?
Sandy in AZ on Mars

babygurl719
on 9/27/13 6:33 am

Was your BoB succesful?

nervous about my outcome.

Most Active