lap band complication with no symptoms

cindywebb1667
on 2/4/10 5:26 pm - Romeoville, IL
Is is possible to have lap band complications with no symptoms?  whet are the typical synptoms of something  gone wrong with the banc

Grandma Cindy
326/286/140 (start/current/goal)

neacres100
on 2/5/10 12:32 am - NJ

Hi Cindy:

I can't speak for everyone, but mine was fevers and no restrictions, then sometimes I had pain.  The fevers are what sent me to the doctor and was given antibiotics. Then when the weight started coming back on.  I started looking into revisions.   If you read my blog, you can see my story with the band.

I am now waiting my six months to go and have a DS done.  I no longer have the band, I had to have it removed. 

Good luck to you.

Donna

(deactivated member)
on 2/5/10 7:20 am
Sorry that I can't help you and that you are having complications-or I assume you are anyway. I'd talk to your surgeon as soon as you can to figure out if there is a problem or not. Best wishes to you!
Angie T.
on 2/5/10 11:08 pm - Somewhere, NY
For me it was constant heartburn

Kindness Matters  

Angie

lil one to be .
on 2/8/10 11:34 pm - Somewhere out there
For me it was weight gain and from there they did a barium swallow and found fluid was not going down like it should.  I could not tell there was a problem, aside from weight gain.  I was then sent for a endo and they found I had Barretts symdrome caused from acid reflux, again no symptoms of reflux.. I was shocked.  So, yes I had no symptoms except weight gain and the Dr. found the rest.  I am scheduled for revisiont o RNY on Feb 26th.  I wish you lots of luck. 
Most Active