Dr. Greenbaum

dana712
on 1/30/10 4:30 pm
Hi
I would like to know how are Dr. Greenbaum revision patients from RNY to DS  are doing?
Any complications? How is your eating?

Thanks

shar P.
on 2/1/10 4:50 am - sellersville, PA
Hi There,

I don't know how everyone is doing. I am scheduled for next month. I know there are a few revision patients here from Dr. Greenbaum. renaifairwench, baileymouse, wings....a few others I think.

Good luck in your search. I'll be looking at this post to see the feedback.

Shar
baylady35310
on 3/18/10 1:45 pm - Millsboro, DE
Shar:

How did your surgery go? I am one of Dr. Greenbaum's patients and am going to go from RNY to DS due to Stoma stretch, would like to know how you are feeling? Please keep in touch.  Thanks!
shar P.
on 2/1/10 4:52 am - sellersville, PA
I meant to add you should post this on the DS board even hough it is a revision.
Amy Farrah Fowler
on 2/1/10 5:11 am
While I've heard good thing about Dr G, I would post this on the DS board, as most DS revisions hang there.
(deactivated member)
on 2/2/10 2:57 am - Bayonne, NJ
Asked and answered on the DS board. :)
ladeechef
on 2/3/10 1:35 am - Manassas, VA
I'm 3 1/2 wks post op from my revision RNY to DS with Dr. Greenbaum.  I'm already back to my dance classes and starting back to my pilates class on Saturday.  Everyone is different, but I have to say I've been very fortunate and blessed to not have any complications or issues since surgery.  Well let me take that one back.  I did have a very minor issue.  I had a slight leaking from my incision that did stop after a couple of days.  That's it.  I've been able to tolerate everything that I've taken in and am very happy!  Dr. Greenbaum has been absolutely WONDERFUL!!  I can email him at any time with any questions and he's quick to respond.  He's even sent me an email to check up on me.  I'm SO glad I chose him!

Lori

Highest Weight Pre RNY - 342
Lowest Weight Post RNY - 167

Highest Weight from Regain - 236
Surgery Weight  - 222

Goal Weight (I think) - 145

First Goal - Get back under 200, 2nd Goal - Get to weight I was when I met my husband (180), 3rd Goal - Get to post RNY lowest weight (167), Ultimate Goal - Get to 145 or less!!!  Baby steppin' it all the way!!  I WILL be victorious!!

JRinAZ
on 2/3/10 5:58 am - Layton, UT
Lori,
Congrats!  You totally give me hope ...  So, what does the "sleeve" feel like compared to the pouch?  Was your sleeve made small?  How many oz can you eat or are you still on liquids?

LOL!  Questions questions questions!

Joyce
baylady35310
on 3/18/10 1:50 pm - Millsboro, DE
Lori:

I am a Dr Greenbaum patient and going through the approval process with the Psychiatrist, heart and lung doctor, nutritionist etc.  I had RNY Laprosopically done and have gained.  How was the open procedure I have never had an operation other than the RNY so a little apprehensive about the big incision but want so desperately to lose this weight and keep it off.  I have been on the DS page and read and they recommend you take a pillow for the ride home for bumps to hold your stomach, anything special I should take to the hospital.  Does your incision hurt a lot or do they keep you comfortable with meds.  Let me know.  Thanks!
Most Active