Just an update

gigi2897
on 1/28/10 11:19 am - Deer Park, TX
I just thought since I haven't been on in a while I would give a little update.  I had my revision from lapband to rny on december 2nd.  I have lost about 20 pounds since then.  I am having lots of trouble eating enough calories for the day and protein is a struggle but each day it gets a little better.  Nausea is a daily thing for me as well but again each day it gets a little better.  I am so thankful to be done with the band.  I had to have it removed because of some pain at the port site.  That pain is still there and after talking with my surgeon we are beginning to believe that the pain is caused from a back injury that I have.  The next step for me is to figure out what is going on in my back.  Even if I wasn't having pain from the lapband I am still relieved to have had it removed because the last month I had it I spent every day vomiting after everytime I ate something.  It was getting pretty frustrating.  I wasn't eating much of anything but I was managing to gain weight.  Anyway if anyone is comsidering a revision I would totally reccomend it.  I wish everyone the best in their journey!
Ginger

(deactivated member)
on 1/28/10 11:01 pm - Bayonne, NJ
Good luck to you, I hope the back pain goes away. I had some, too, from the darned hospital beds.

I hope that the rest of your recovery goes very smoothly!
sandysmith1984
on 1/31/10 11:04 am - Harker Heights, TX
Hi Ginger,  I remember you from the Lap Band side of OH.  I haven't been on there or here in sooo long.  I am getting revised to gastric by-pass on 2/17.  I cannot wait to be done with this band.  I have been so miserable and have gained back so much weight.  Good luck to you and good to "see" you again.
Most Active