Has Anyone had their RNY revised with the Gastric Band?

CHYNADOLL2603
on 1/27/10 10:07 am - NY
Revision on 03/29/10 with
Has anyone had the Gastric Band to revise the RNY? How was the results and are you happy with the weight loss? Please help considering revision but want to be sure this is right for me. Can you also tell me the aftercare that is involved in the DS..I have heard rumor of alot of vitamin and very bad gas and smelly poo..is it true and would i have to spend the rest of my life worried about that? Can you please give me the REAL facts from true experince.
Zee Starrlite
on 1/27/10 11:33 pm

Hi Chyna!

Please go over to the Duodenal Switch Forum http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/DS/  There are quite a number of RNY to DS revisions there.

All the Best,

Leila

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Journey O.
on 1/28/10 4:06 am

Hi!

I had a RNY revision to a band (BOB=band over bypass) on 1/12/10.  There are actually several of us out here and I received a ton of support and info from the veterans.  Hopefully they will chime in and answer some of your questions from a long term perspective.

Obviously I'm very new so don't have a lot of time/experience to comment on, but I have lost about 17lbs since surgery (which isn't normal before restriction). 

Most importantly though, I can tell you this is the best thing I've done for myself and have a tremendous sense of peace and GREAT EXPECTATIONS.

Definitely do your research and pick the best surgery for you!

Jackie

Revision: 1/12/2010-Dr. Zapata;  (338 RNY) HW 245/SW 215/CW 193 / GW 170
"One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star." ~Nietzsche~

snedly318
on 1/30/10 1:24 pm - Mine Hill, NJ
I had the Realize Band placed over my RNY on 11-24-09.  My RNY was in 2004.  I am pleased with my choice to have had BOTH surgeries.  The key to success with any WLS is to change behavior and that has been the biggest struggle.  Weight loss was initially easy with the RNY - the pounds just fell off, until about 4 years later.  Was able to get insurance approval for a revision to Realize Band due to a "mechanical failure" of the bypass as evidenced by an endoscopy.  Anyway, I have lost about 15 pounds since the revision.  The most difficult part is 1)eating.....it is easier to just not eat at all; 2) eating right when I do eat and 3) making the time to exercise.  When I do the eating right and exercise the pounds fall off.  And this IS different than before surgery.  The weight loss is much slower with the band than with the original bypass but I feel this is more reasonable and is more like what I should expect for the rest of my life.

Best wishes in your journey.

Snedly31833
Snedly318
reenieb
on 2/5/10 4:32 am
RNY on 03/08/04 with
How does the Realize band differ from a band-over-bypass?
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
snedly318
on 2/5/10 11:37 am - Mine Hill, NJ
For me, it doesn't differ.  The Realize Band is one of the two bands available, the other is the Lap Band, I am not exactly certain of the differences between the two bands.  But my surgery was a BOB or band over bypass.

Kar
Snedly318
Most Active