Lap band to DS

jazzy31
on 1/26/10 2:39 am
Hello All,

My revision is on this Friday!!!!!  I just wanted to ask if those who have had revisions (especially band to DS) if they really lost weight slower or not as much weight as people with who are having WLS for the first time?

I'm getting nervous now and I'm sure that is normal.  I feel like I'm having tiny panic attacks.
smileyjamie72
on 1/26/10 7:53 am - Palmer, AK
I have no experience with Lap Band... but here is a thread I found on the DS board, might be useful to you

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/ds/4108590/lap-band-to-DS- 4-wk-post-op-udate/

Hope this helped!!
-Jamie

RNY 2/26/2002                           DS 12/29/2011
HW 317                                     SW 263 BMI 45.1
SW 298                                     CW 192 BMI 32.9~60% EWL
LW 151 in 2003  
TT 4/9/2003

Normal BMI 24.8 is my GOAL!!!

GBP (RNY) 2/26/02 298 lbs, TT 4/9/03 151 lbs, DS 12/29/11
HW 317 SW 263 BMI 45.1/CW 192 BMI 32.9/GW 145 ~ Normal BMI 24.8
**Revision Journey started 3/2009 Approved 12/12/11**

pycca
on 1/26/10 11:33 pm - Haslet, TX
Yes it is slower, fine by me,  some that are 6 weeks out that are virgin DS have lost 40 to 45 I have lost 33. So not bad !!

The most important thing I noticed, even droggy, after waking up, I could swallow !!!! It was soooo nice !!

Congratulations  and speedy recovery !! 

Nervous is normal, just keep on top of pain meds for first few days, sip sip sip and walk walk and rest....Most important keep hydrated!!
Debi

Smile96
on 1/29/10 6:11 am - hendersonville, TN
I haven't heard anything about losing slower; but, that is fine with m.  I had my DS from band on 1/18 and lost 19 lbs thus far.  Good luck.
StacysMom
on 1/29/10 7:12 am
 Because the lapband still leaves your intestines in their "virgin" state, the malabsorption of the DS will be all new to you.   It should be like you are having a "virgin" DS with regard to the malabsorptive component.  The restrictive component of the sleeve may or may not be "virgin" to you depending on how small the sleeve is made and how much successful restriction you experienced with your band.  In other words, you may feel a great deal of new restriction OR you may feel the same that you did with your band.   
gmcadams
on 1/29/10 8:00 am - Walton, KY
Hey, why are you having the revisions.  What were your symtoms.  My dr has completely emptied my band.  Says my muscle is not working. I am going to be without a fill for 6 months, then he is going to try and fill it again.  Am I headed for a revision?  Let me know about the sleve.  Did your insurance pay for the sleve?  Hope surgery went well.
Gail
StacysMom
on 1/31/10 1:21 pm
 You may want to go over to the sleeve/VSG board and ask them what they think of their surgery.    I've read that quite a few people have revised from lapband to sleeve and they are loving it!   (I recall hearing the lapband called a "noose" LOL)  An added bonus, is that if the sleeve isn't effective for you, you can add the intestinal portion of the DS later, which those who opt for the RNY cannot easily do!  
Most Active