Nearly 9 years after RNY

yrobeson
on 1/24/10 3:25 pm - Greensboro, NC
I"ve been gaining weight the last 3 years. This past year I've gained almost 20 pounds. I'm 52 and menopause is here. LOL. I've read that other weight loss surgery patients have had problems with weight gain when they started menopause.  I was 275 before surgery (2001) and initially got down to 150- then up to 165 and stayed there for 6 years. I'm now at 195 and I'm scared. So here I am- back researching where the process all started- at obesityhelp.com. The surgeon who performed my RNY operation has retired and I am now living in NC. Anyone know of any good revision surgeons here or in VA? From the little bit i've read so far, it seems that RNYs are often revised to the DS. Any suggestions on where to start?
Debbie M.
on 1/25/10 8:24 pm
check out www.dsfacts.com and www.duodenalswitch.com, both great resources of info.  I had an RNY in 2002, lost weight, gained weight and am nowwaiting for my revision to a DS on Feb. 9th.  There are very few really experienced RNY to DS surgeons so it's imperative you choose wisely.  Lot's to think about and consider, it's important you research everything.
Thanks,
Debbie
yrobeson
on 1/26/10 11:34 am - Greensboro, NC
Thanks for your help. I'll make sure I do lots of research. I have a question- did you first go to your primary physician and what sort of tests are needed to determine what conditon your pouch is in?
JROLFSON
on 1/26/10 6:22 am - St. George, UT
Hi There:

One of the absolute best Revision Surgeons is located in Kentucky. His name is Dr. Husted and you can find him on this site. Search under bariatric surgeons.

Good Luck...

Janie
yrobeson
on 1/26/10 11:31 am - Greensboro, NC
Thank you for your help. I will research Dr. Husted.
Most Active