reversals

nova116
on 1/25/10 6:50 am - eaton, OH
Just wondering,,,, can they do a reversal on a rny back to your old stomach?? I am happy with my weight loss so far but if I had known then what I know now. I would have got the lap band instead. The reason being that I have never gotten the amount of protein in me since surgery. I don't eat much and I'm ok with that. I can't stand any type of protein drinks. I never thought it would be so hard to get myself to eat. I am worried about the long term effects this may have on my body. When I read about people who have gained all their weight back it makes me wonder what the heck have I done. All this damage to my body and I am doomed to put the weight back on. If this is something that can be done is sooner better than later??
Rebecca G.
on 1/25/10 8:05 am - New Bern, NC
I am wondering the same thing. I don't know how far out you are, but I am 4 years and I am not doing well at all. I can't afford the mass amount of vitamins anymore, I can't stomach the protein and I am feeling and seeing the effects of it. I never could do the 6 small meals a day. I'm great if I get in 3 meals a day, usually I don't eat lunch. For breakfast I usually have 2 eggs and 2 slices of bacon usually with toast, for dinner I make chicken and a veggie with either rice or some kind of pasta. I didn't realize at the time I had the surgery that other people I cook for don't eat like me. I was single and lived with my dad, who also had the surgery, so we both just cooked small things. Then I got a boyfriend who I now live with who doesn't eat like that, when I have holidays and there is all the food everyone cooks and food I cook for it none of it is low carb, low cal, low f,at low sugar and all that. I really just wasn't properly informed when I had the surgery or I probably would have just gone with the lap-band, especially with all that I have wrong with me now.
Most Active