Finally ! ! ! But ..........

Murt
on 1/22/10 7:13 am - Thornton, CO
After several months of tring finally got the green light to have my fistula repaired.  It appears the person who used to work at my surgeons office coded the original preauthorization to my insurance using the wrong codes.  She had coded it as though I was going in for the first time to have gastric bypass not a fistula repair. 

Here's the kicker to this -- I have to have ankle surgery soon.  Now -- do I have the fistula repaired then ankle surgery, or the other way around?

Either way won't be good.

Myspace LayoutsMyspace Text Generator, Myspace GraphicsMyspace BackgroundsMyspace CodesMyspace Codesmyspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

elizabethbc
on 1/22/10 10:13 am
Hi:

It took months for my doctor's office and the insurance company to get their act together, but on Monday I had a RNY revision due to two gastrogastric fistulae and also had a hiatal hernia repair with a patch.  I am very sore, unhappy being on a liquid diet again (Carnation Instant Breakfast is awful), but I am home in one piece.  I am gald it is finally over.

In your case, I would prioritize around pain or whichever doctor could get the approvals first.  You want to space it out if you have to have general anesthesia twice.

Peace,
elizabeth
369/175/149
Starting weight/doctor's goal weight/current weight

Most Active