RNY to DS revision patients w BC/BS Federal Insurance- Help!!!!

shar P.
on 1/20/10 11:13 pm - sellersville, PA
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone here had BC/BS federal and had a revision from a RNY to a DS? Did you get approved, if so was it through an appeal? I know Virgin DSers get approved almost no problem, but not sure about revision patients.

I was talking to the case manager today and it sounds like they are going to deny the revision out of "non compliance" since my pouch is stretched. Well, first of all my surgeon made my pouch 100cc compared to the recommended 20cc at the onset of surgery; plus on top of that I didn't lose a lot of weight and then regain. I only lost 50 and have maintained all but 25 of that. It never worked! I also have 5 years of a supervised physician diet history saying I was at a health club and watching my diet for that entire time.

I am so nervous and frustrated and scared. I was so hopeful but now it sounds like I should expect a denial.

Anyone on here approved... I could use some hope.

Shar
prosperiti
on 1/21/10 12:45 pm - Taylor , MI
Hi Shar, I have Federal BC/BS and I was approved for a revision (RNY to BPD/DS) this is where my pouch will remain in tact and the small intestines will be re-routed in the same way as the DS, my common channel will be shortened such as the DS) I am to have my revision done 2/2/10. It did not take long for an approval at all. 'bout 1-2 weeks. My pouch still has its restriction ability, thats why I dont have to have it taken down and reconstructed. If your pouch is not functioning properly then you would need the full DS revision, which is not a bad thing. I went through all of the requirements, and was approved within a week. So have faith and hope, don't be nervous you will get approved...I was nervous and scared to but it was approved quick. Good luck...it'll happen...God Bless...
shar P.
on 1/21/10 7:55 pm - sellersville, PA
Prosperiti,

Thanks so much for the post. It is so ironic how things happen. As soon as I posted that I got a call about 3 hours later saying I was approved. I am scheduled 3/08. SO excited. Good luck to you with yours!!!!
prosperiti
on 1/22/10 12:29 am - Taylor , MI
Yayyyyy!!! congrats...I will keep you posted on how I am doing after my revision...I have to learn how to upload progress pictures I will try to do them once a month..I'm not real computer savy...But Here's to a Thinner New Year!!!
Most Active