Post revision food (count down)

prosperiti
on 1/20/10 12:41 pm - Taylor , MI

Hello eveyone...the count down is on...I have 13 days left before I have my revision...gettin kinda nervous...I didn't think I would, wow I really am. I would like to know what type of food should I buy for the first few weeks so that I can be prepared when I come home from the hospital. Its been 14yrs since my original surgery so I can't remember.  What things should I stock up on, and what is a good protein supplement (good tasting)...I am determined to be successful this time around. Any and all suggestions are appreciated...thanks...

jazzy31
on 1/20/10 10:40 pm
Hi there!  Congrats on your surgery and I wish you luck.  I'm having my revision on 1/29/10 and I just posted a similar question on the DS board.  I will be checking your post to see the responses.  So far I got liquids (broth and SF drinks) and SF jello, SFpudding, SF popsicles.  I think I will pick up some Gas X for the gas.  I got this protein drink called Isopure from GNC.  It taste pretty good and they have different flavors (grape, pineapple, orange, punch etc).  I like it because it's not milky, but more like juice.  It has 40 grams of protein per 20 oz bottle. 

Good luck and maybe we can share information since our dates are near. 
prosperiti
on 1/21/10 6:13 am - Taylor , MI
Thank you and congrats to you as well. I will stock up this weekend..I am also having the DS revision from RNY, well actually it's the BPD/DS, where my pouch will remain, I chose to do this because I felt more comfortable with this revision...I wont go any further than that... but I am excited and I know you are too..God bless and here's to a thinner New Year!!!  I will let you know if I find something that you haven't tried or get suggestions on.
Stephanie J.
on 2/19/10 5:50 am
I want to hear about your surgery.  I just had the same surgery (I think) on February 12. I want to know how you are recovering and tell you about my recovery.  Down 14 lbs since surgery.
Most Active