Consultation Review of Dr. Keshishian

JRinAZ
on 1/20/10 7:21 am - Layton, UT
Many of you have pm'd me, asking about my update.  Thanks friends!!!  Here's the latest....

I drove from Phoenix to L.A. to meet with Dr. Keshishian. (Great road trip btw....up around the Bay area for beach, waterfall hikes and time with my daughter:)

I had original Prox Rny in Feb of 03 and was revised to an ERny in Dec of 07.  Life has been "challenging" since the revision and I have been seeking opinions & gathering info.

I emailed Dr. Keshishian and was so impressed when he called me.  He gave me a generous amount of time to answer my questions and so I was charged up enough to make the trip to CA!

His staff was so kind in getting the appointment set up for me; plugging me into a day and time that worked best for "me"!  When my insurance switch was delayed, they hung on with me while I worked out the details and just barely had the right numbers for them the day of the appointment!

It had been raining cats and dogs in L.A. and so I was anxious as I drove into the lovely Glendale area.  I'd driven through rivers on the freeway and past emergency mudd slides.  ...  I found his office in a classy new professioinal building where he was setting up a new office on the 4th floor.  Having been to all kinds of consultations before, I was delighted to be made to feel right at home in a modest office with an office assistant who totally rocks (and cracks me up!)

Dr. K came out to the waiting area to shake my hand and meet me.  I was shown back to his office where he addressed all of my remaining questions.  He pulled in some research and studies to support his philosophy, drew me several illustrations of my personal WLS journey; helping me understand where I had been, where I am now and where I could be.

I was then officially checked in with vitals, etc. and Dr. K checked me out and then talked about the incision placement. He was extremely attendant and I never once felt rushed; nor did I have to wait but a few minutes.

I was very impressed with:

1.  His knowledge.
2.  His experience.
3.  His unhurried approach and willingness to "listen" to all my concerns.
4.  His aggressive "plan of action".
5.  His almost insistence that I seek other professional opinions.
6,  His confidence in the DS and his ability to revise from an Rny to a DS!
AND....most importantly, his warmth and personality!

There is a "to do" list that needs to be completed of tests, pre-certs, record reviews, labs, etc.  I'm still waiting to hear the bottom line as far as insurance and such but if the stars and moons align just right then I am definitely going to move forward with surgery with Dr. Keshishian.

From my brief experience thus far, I would highly recommend Dr. K.

I"m feeling hopeful for the first tiime in months!!!!   I will respectfully follow his recommendation and continue to research as well as to get other opinions.

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

JROLFSON
on 1/21/10 11:38 pm - St. George, UT
YAAAAAAAA HOOOOOOOOO!!!

I'm praying for you girl!

Then you can pray for me....I'm going next!

janie
shele
on 1/22/10 12:28 am
Hey Janie! I hope the same for you also!... I want so bad to get revised to a ds, but not sure how I would ever work all that out! UGH!  5 kiddies, travel... maybe some day!  I am sure My ins would cover due to all the problems I still have trying to get in enough protein and such, very hard so I have been doing unjury shakes and a bar or 2 a day to boost protein intake.    Can't wait to see you both post more on this! Very exciting!!!

shele
LiFeLoNg hEaLtH imY GoAl
RNY 5-11-04 280
Lowest weight 174
Highest re-gain 238

erny 3-23-09 (120 common channel

low post revision 190
Current Weight  204

Height 5'6"

GOAL 154 Normal BMI

shele
on 1/22/10 12:24 am
Good for you!  Dr. Keshishian seems to be a great choice! I hope all works out well for you!

shele
LiFeLoNg hEaLtH imY GoAl
RNY 5-11-04 280
Lowest weight 174
Highest re-gain 238

erny 3-23-09 (120 common channel

low post revision 190
Current Weight  204

Height 5'6"

GOAL 154 Normal BMI

mew6495
on 1/22/10 1:59 pm - MI
 GREAT NEWS JOYCE!  I am so happy for you.  I hope all works out for you as planned.

I will send a prayer your way.

You go girl!

MEW

Debbie M.
on 1/23/10 12:52 am

Joyce,

Glad the appointment went so well.  I have high a regard for Dr. K and think he's the best.  Keep us posted on your journey.

Debbie

Most Active