Band Placed Too High???

hopeful and happy
on 1/17/10 4:57 am - Skinnytown, MA
Hi Everyone, I got my band 2.5 months ago and until recently have had an easy time of it, until suddenly the reflux began... I went for my second unfill on Friday which has helped a bit, and I have an upper GI scheduled next week.

While I was there, the PA mentioned to me that sometimes people are too tight because the band was placed too high, making the pouch too small. Just wondering if anyone who had a revision ever dealt with that?

I know the other option is that maybe I am just one of those people who is fine with no fill, but I am the type of person that likes to know everything before I see the doctor :)

Thanks in advance, Julia

juliewilk
on 2/4/10 8:24 am - Novi, MI
Hi Julia - sorry you are having problems.  My band was too high and tipped vertically (they usually like to see it at a 45 degree angle.  I gave up and revised to RNY after 2 years of issues with the band.  Hope it works out for you.  Let us know.
nancpanc01
on 2/10/10 10:15 pm

hey julia, 

i think mine is placed high, i developed horrible acid back in 2008 when i started filling it. i have gained 25lbs with my band since 07 and no weight loss. im checking out a doc in DE right now to get it removed and start over. i pray everyday that one day ill wake up and see the lapband taken off the market. my friends mother just had hers out because it erroded her stomach and she was sent to the hospital and had a hole in her stomach. i think its an awful surgery, yet another diet. it does nothing. anyway if you need someone to talk to. message me!

- nancy 

Most Active