so excited - insurance approved my revision

Elizabeth Myers
on 1/16/10 6:08 am - Barnhart, MO
I am so excited  -- just found out last week that my insurance approved my surgery for revision.  I am scheduled for March 11th at Barnes Hospital in St. Louis with Dr. Eagon. 

Had my original RNY a little over 5 years ago; and slowly  the pounds keep creeping on.  Also was having some  issues with digestion.  Finally decided to get scoped in October and they found some ulcerations; an incesional hernia and also that my stoma had stretched quite a lot. 

I am very excited but very nervous at the same time; I am 5 years older (56 years old now) and the thought of going through major surgery again is a lttle scary. 

Any encouragment would be more than appreciated.....

Betty Myers
Imperial, MO 
OPEN RNY 5/25/04
-162 Pounds
ricki
on 1/16/10 6:16 am
Hi My cousin lives in Imperial.  Have you looked into the DS for your revision?  I had mine over 3,5 years ago and couldn't be happier both with the results, lifestyle and freedom of the negatives I had with the RNY.  PM me if you want to know more of my story or come visit the DS board.  Good luck.
Elizabeth Myers
on 1/16/10 11:23 am - Barnhart, MO
What is DS?   I  have never heard of that?
Betty Myers
Imperial, MO 
OPEN RNY 5/25/04
-162 Pounds
OSUcowgirl
on 1/16/10 3:27 pm - Sacramento, CA
DS is duodenal switch.  It is more metabolically active. I would suggest this too; a revsion of your previous RNY may not be optimal. DS is a much more successful procedure than the RNY.
woolstitcher
on 1/16/10 9:20 pm - OH
CONGRATS!! :D
My revision (BOB) was approved last wk as well.  But I'm going in at the end of this month. 
Best of luck!
"Mom, in our house every day is Autism Awareness Day"
~my 9 year old w/ ASD
woolstitcher
on 1/16/10 9:22 pm - OH
I forgot to ask, what revision are you having? 
"Mom, in our house every day is Autism Awareness Day"
~my 9 year old w/ ASD
Elizabeth Myers
on 1/16/10 11:32 pm - Barnhart, MO
I did not ask the name of the revision.  Dr. Eagon just told me all the things that were not working and that he would be able to fix them.

I do know that he said the area where the stoma was suppose to connect to the next stomach is blocked and everything is going back into the old big stomach.  So he would revise that. Also I havce an incisional hernia and he would repair that as well.
Betty Myers
Imperial, MO 
OPEN RNY 5/25/04
-162 Pounds
emjayel56
on 1/19/10 2:56 am - Boynton Beach,, FL
I had my revision 5 months ago at the age of 53 .... went from band to bypass.  all went well and recovery was fine.  You will be fine// good luck with it all

BELOW GOAL WEIGHT... LOST 151 LBS AND CURRENTLY WEIGH 138 LBS.  ... Maryjo

Most Active