How long to get approved for revision

Mellissa L.
on 1/14/10 4:06 am - Southgate, MI
I've been having severe problems with reflux and got diagnosised with a slipped band.   it's to the point where I haven't had any solid foods for 2 weeks.  Even now it's a struggle to get fluids in and try to get 800 calories a day.   I have all my pre-op stuff done and they said they will be submitting it tomorrow (friday).. but that it could take a "COUPLE WEEKS".  to get approval.

I almost burst into tears when she said this.  The first time around with getting my band surgery we had approval in 3 days.  Now that I'm in horrible pain, can't eat and have a confirmed slip, they say that it could take weeks....

Seriously?  I'd love to hear from people about how quickly they got their decision... because i don't know how I'm going to handle a couple of more weeks of the pain and struggling just to stay hydrated and try to at least get in protein. 

H/C/G:  298/170.4/160 (H=5'5)  @ Dr's goal 5/23/2012.  Revison surgery 5/26/2011 convert from band to bypass due to slipped band. 

BlessedHighlyFavored
on 1/14/10 5:25 am - Harvey, LA

My approval for revision was 3 days total for approval with BCBS.

woolstitcher
on 1/16/10 9:26 pm - OH
I had a medical reason to have my revision, I started the process in March of 09 and was approved in Jan of 10.
"Mom, in our house every day is Autism Awareness Day"
~my 9 year old w/ ASD
Mellissa L.
on 1/17/10 1:56 am - Southgate, MI
HOLY CRAP.. It took almost a year for approval???  What insurance did you have?   I honestly don't think mine would take that long just because of what's going on and they have it proven that it's a slip that will not correct itself without surgery. 

H/C/G:  298/170.4/160 (H=5'5)  @ Dr's goal 5/23/2012.  Revison surgery 5/26/2011 convert from band to bypass due to slipped band. 

woolstitcher
on 1/17/10 6:47 am - OH
My insurance made me jump thru hoops for the standard 6 months ... even though I had a mechanacal problem.
And then, they said that I had to attend a group (which was pretty good actually) ... they kept tacking things on at the end. 
The final submission was Dec 1 and the final approval was about a wk ago. 
However my surgery date is the 28th.  I'm luck for that ... most ppl have to wait 4 to 6 wks at least that is what the office told me.
You just have to ride it out ... it's not easy though. 
"Mom, in our house every day is Autism Awareness Day"
~my 9 year old w/ ASD
melly37
on 1/17/10 5:00 am - Rio Rancho, NM
VSG on 04/03/12
I just got diagnosed with a slip also, Melissa.  Are you trying to get your band slip fixed or revised to a new WLS?

LapBand Surgery 01/10/08, Revison to Sleeve 04/03/12

Mellissa L.
on 1/17/10 9:57 am - Southgate, MI
@ Melly - I'm going for a revision because I still have a little over a 100lbs to lose, and with the reflux I've been having the RnY is a cure for it. 

Most Active