thoughts of RNY to DS dancing in my head....

aqtnsc
on 1/13/10 6:36 am
In the next two weeks I will get all the testing necessary for my RNY to DS revision with Dr. Greenbaum. I am starting to get nervous....I HAVE NOT TOLD ANYONE EXCEPT MY COMPANION ABOUT THE SPECIFICS OF THIS SURGERY. My mom knows that I'm going to NJ to have major surgery, but thats about it. Eventhough my companion knows the specifics, he still has no clue...lol! He and our 6 yr old will make the trip with me. I have no intentions of telling any others about this surgery- EVER! OH is my only means of support and I'm happy about that. I honestly don't know what I would do without you all. PLEASE, offer me some suggestions on ways to calm my nerves. I will probably have surgery in March. This surgery consumes my thoughts. I know that I'm in great care with Dr. Greenbaum but I am just so very nervous at this point.
Debbie M.
on 1/13/10 8:42 am
I know how you're feeling and it's perfectly normal.  I'm having a revision on Feb 9.  I go from feeling guilty about having to have another WLS and beating myself up for the failure, to scared to death something bad will happen, to excited at the possibility of a new healthy life.  Keep using the forum as a sounding board, it will help.  You should also be sure you're in a position to attend support group meetings if you have any in your area, that will also help you.  I've heard great things about Dr. Greenbaum, you're in very good hands.
aqtnsc
on 1/13/10 8:54 am
Thank you Debbie! You are in great hands as well with Dr. K.! I don't  feel guilty about another WLS. I'm more scared that something bad will happen. I also plan to attend support group meetings with the bariatric program that I used for my RNY....Best of luck to you!
PekinSal
on 1/14/10 2:11 am - UK
After a bit I stopped panicking because there isn't that much we can do about it is there. You can make sure your vitamin levels are good, do breathing exercises, do a little exercise to help your circulation and follow your surgeon's instructions.

I was quite relieved then to get into the hospital. I just kind of thought 'Over to you now guys' and did as I was told for the next week. You have a great surgeon, a supportive family and everyone on here cheering for you.

Alternative for me was serious disability and early death, so concentrating on avoiding those and the benefits of the surgery helped as well.

sal

DS revision from failed lapband

aqtnsc
on 1/14/10 7:50 am
Sal
Thank you for your words of encouragement! Continued success on your journey!
DS Facts
on 1/16/10 3:27 am
All the best with your surgery revision. My best piece of advice is to stay connected with other DS patients and stay on top of your blood work/vitamins. I just love my DS, can't say enough great things about it.
Summerbabies
on 1/27/10 11:21 am
Good luck! How excited you must be getting ready to be revised!I Wish you all the best!
Most Active