BAND ---> SLEEVE! How are you doing?!?!?

tonnabug
on 1/13/10 2:51 am - Huntsville, AL
Revision on 04/29/13
Hello... my name is Tonya and I got my band October 2008.  I have lost 8 pounds!!  I have NOT had a good experience!! I have thrown up more than you want to know and the pain when I eat is becoming unbearable!!  Everything either gets stuck and hurts like H**L or I can eat like a horse!! 

I am miserable!!  I feel like meals are torture!  I don't eat out anymore after throwing up AT THE TABLE!!  I feel like a freak & I want my life back!! 

I fell my doc has been no help, but he did finally schedule me to see a gastrointerologist for an EGD to see what is going on... but he is already talking revision!!  I am terrified of RNY, so please share your sleeve experience with me! 

Thanks!
Tonya

Began journey in 2007 at 312, had Lap band 2008, lost 40 pre-op then 24 post op, regained to 319.  Lost 39# on my own, then revised to VSG 4/29/13 @ 280.

liveinphx
on 1/13/10 9:16 am - Phoenix, AZ

I can share my sleeve experience but I was NOT a revision  just an original sleeve. Please do your self a favor and post this on the sleeve board as there are numerous folks that had band to sleeve revisions.

There is also another site called Vertical Sleeve Talk that has numerous band to sleeve folks.

Whatever you do is it truthful, necessary and kind?
Zee Starrlite
on 1/15/10 12:22 am
I'd be terrified of pain when I eat, getting food stuck, and throwing up constantly AND I'd be terrified of remaining morbidly obese.

I wouldn't be terrified of a procedure that would give my life hope even if it meant malabsorbancy.   Educate yourself instead of living the fear.

Best,
Leila

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Heather M.
on 1/22/10 7:26 am - Rosedale, MD
I was banded in Sept 2006 (lost 80 pounds) and was revised to the sleeve in June 2009. I lost very well with the band until I had a slip that wasn't correctable without surgery. When they went in to fix the slip they found a ton of scar tissue (my liver was attached to my stomach too) and the doc didn't feel comfortable just repairing the slip or replacing the band (I knew this was possible before surgery). I was given the sleeve at that time and have lost over 40 more pounds so far. I had a stall from October through December, but that is mainly my own fault. I allowed myself to eat carbs here and there until they were with every meal. Back on track for 2010 and back to losing again. The sleeve is WONDERFUL. I no longer get food stuck, no longer vomit, no more fills, no malabsorption, no need for supplements (other than my daily vitamin and calcium, but I did that pre-op). I feel full, I stop eating. I cannot overeat, it's impossible!!! Feel free to PM me if you like.

Revised to VSG (6/11/09) weighing 253...

makemethin
on 1/22/10 11:21 am
I used to be a bandster and it was HELL!!! I had a leak, lost very little weight and had too many complications to mention. Anyway I had it removed on Jan.15, 2010 and then sleeved. I already feel the difference in my body. I have lost 10lbs in one week. Also no nausea since day 2. It's too soon for me to say what it will be like with solid foods ( still on liquids), but  I'm looking forward to my new life with sleeve. I wish u all the best I think the sleeve is a good way to get your life back without it being too drastic. Good Luck.
Most Active