Medicare rules for DS revision

(deactivated member)
on 1/12/10 12:17 am, edited 8/23/10 10:39 am
aqtnsc
on 1/12/10 3:57 am, edited 1/12/10 6:42 am
Yes Medicare does cover revisions. According to Dr. Greenbaum's patient information booklet, it pays only if co-morbities require intervention. No pre-certification is required which is wonderful news for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best of luck to you in your quest.
(deactivated member)
on 1/13/10 4:21 am

"If co-morbities require intervention" what does that does that mean?  I am on medication for reflux (had it increased to twice a day) My B/P is borderline (140/86) so I am not on medication, yet!  My BMI is 39.7

aqtnsc
on 1/13/10 6:22 am
I don't know much about the co-morbities that you have but I have severe sleep apnea and that requires a cpap. Call Dr. Greenbaum's office and talk to June about it. Also, June informed me today that Medicare is now requiring a letter from a medical professional stating that an individual has attempted to diet, has been compliant with the diet but was still unsuccessful with weight loss. I just called the nutritionist from the surgeon that did my RNY in 2007 and she will provide me with that letter for Medicare. Best of luck to you!
(deactivated member)
on 1/14/10 1:13 am
ricki
on 1/16/10 6:10 am
I don't recognize your original surgeon.. which could be the reason your DS didn't work for you.  Do not give up hope...Dr. G is the bomb!
Most Active