Need help/ Any advice or input appreciated-thanks

Leannta2009
on 1/5/10 6:18 am - Fulton, NY
Okay so I had Gastric bypass-lap RNY in 2002. I was roughly 320lbs lost 157-weight down to 163. I have had 3 babies in 4 years. I do not weigh as much as I did but I find my weight not where it should be (I am at 225). I feel I can eat way too much-I try not too. Would a revision help me get back on track, where do I go to find out if necessary I am in NY my previous surgeon is now in another state. I need to find someone around Syracuse. Could I try a lapband? Any advice. I find my self feeling like I used back before I had surgery the first time-I am disgusted with me self and seriously need some help.
Need input.
Thanks,
Leslie
BlessedHighlyFavored
on 1/5/10 11:08 pm - Harvey, LA
I am sure a revision would help you. I just got approved for RNY revision surgery.My doctor will go in and redo the original surgery making my pouch and stoma back to the original size.
Read some of the message on the different forums and do your research and find what's best for you and your body.Try contacting your original surgeon or call another bariatric surgeon who speacializes in revision.Hope this helps you and God Bless you I know how you feel.I do not live in NY but I am sure someone will help you with that.The  OH family forums are so
knowledgable and supportive.GOOD LUCK
Leannta2009
on 1/6/10 12:34 am - Fulton, NY
Thank you I actually have an appointment w/ my PCP to discuss options available to me here since I relocated after having surgery and so did my surgeon (he moved to Tennessee). I contacted one bariatric program close to here but they do not do revisions (yet). I have to do some research but have not had a lot of time ( I researched GBS for 2 years before deciding it was best for me).
Thanks again.
Leslie
krissy06
on 1/6/10 2:31 am - Wheaton, IL
Your story is alot like mine.  I had the gastic bypass in Aug 2006 and was about 330lbs.  By November 2006 I had lost a lot of weight, but found out I was pregnant with my 3rd child and then after I had him, I turned around and have my 4th child who was born in 2008.  I tried dieting on my own all of 2009, but came to the decision that I need the revision done.  I met with my PCP this past Monday and he gave me 2 thumbs up for making that decision, however, now not only do I have to see if the surgeon even wants to do it (revisions are alittle riskier) and also if the insurance is going to pay for it (that's alot harder to get approved).  But there's no harm in trying, even if you get shot down.  Keep me updated and I'll do the same.

Good Luck

Leannta2009
on 1/6/10 3:05 am - Fulton, NY
I just had my 3rd baby in Nov 09. But after my 2nd in 2008 I struggled with losing weight-and was still above 200 when I surprisingly got pregnant for my 3rd! I am just struggling. I really don't know much about a revision b/c of my lack of research at this time. I did read were the complications can be greater. Is it generally a revision of the same procedure you had or can they try another like instead of RNY maybe the vertical band?
Probably stuff you are still looking into as well. Definitely good luck to you! Keep in touch letting me know how everything goes.  I really don't know where to go from here so that is why I am consulting with my PCP (appt in Feb but on a list to get seen sooner). Hopefully I will be able to get the excessive skin removed this time. I look in the mirror and cry and I won't let my husband see me naked-I am so disappointed in my body, my weight-I cry a lot-I am very sad.
Thanks for contacting me.
Hugs,
Leslie
Zee Starrlite
on 1/8/10 4:39 am
Not trying to discourage you, but you should know because  you have 4 lives you are responsible for that revisions are not just a little riskier, they are alot riskier.

Is their something mechanically wrong with your surgery?

All the best to you.

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

krissy06
on 1/9/10 6:25 am - Wheaton, IL
No you don't discourage me.  I learned a long time ago I have to follow my own lead.  I've looked into the revision and had a long conversation Thursday with the soon to be performing surgeon and it's still something I feel I need.  Everyone looks into WLS for different reasons and I know I have 4 lives, but if I don't do this, I won't be around to see those 4 lives grow up.  All surgeries are complicated, but I know when I go into the operating room I'm going to be protected by the spirit of God and my children.  

Thanks though for the concern.

sosoclark
on 1/6/10 4:51 am - Sacramento, CA

Leslie,

I didn't have the same issues as you but I am currently looking into having a revision done to a DS. When I started out I was 455 pounds got down to 182 and started gaining weight. I can eat anything I want and even today ate a salad with chicken breast and a WW meal. I have chosen the DS becasue of the success rate of the surgery for revision individuals. Take a look at the forum and see what you thing. Only thing I wish right now is that I had researched my options in 2006.

Sophia

Leannta2009
on 1/7/10 6:25 am - Fulton, NY
I am doing my best to research and hopefully things will fall into place-I was considering a revision when I found out I was pregnant for my 3rd-just didn't know where to begin to get info.
Wonderful internet though!

Thanks,
Leslie
sosoclark
on 1/7/10 6:30 am - Sacramento, CA

Check out  the DS message board there are a lot of wonderful people on there willing to lend a helping hand. By the way my numbers were wrong I was 455 and only got down to 282 I wish I had said good bye to the 200 but no such luck. I am going to see a surgeon next week so thing should get going pretty fast now.

Sophia

Most Active