I would like to talk to anyone who has had the ROSE

aprilrgreer
on 1/4/10 11:37 pm - springfield, MO
I am 8 years outside of my RNY and have put back on 90 out of the 200 I had lost.  I have had 3 hernia surgerys and really do not want to be cut completly open again.  My insurance Aetna Global will not pay for revision.  So I am looking close at the Rose.  Please tell me of your exeriances pro and con please include info on your dr.   thanks from a very confused mom
jonathan R.
on 1/7/10 12:27 pm - east meadow, ny
 I had the ROSE procedure by Dr. Garber in NY and it worked great.  I got back my quick sense of fullness after eating and I now stay full longer after meals.  I recommend the procedure. Dr. Garber has the largest experience in the world with ROSE. Good to luck to you.
Zee Starrlite
on 1/8/10 4:45 am
Please do not get this procedure or any other like it.  The only person who seems to have lost and not finally gained (after liquid diet) is the one who posted above me

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

StacysMom
on 1/8/10 6:57 am
 Just based on Jonathan's posts over a two year period, I am 100% sure he is a shill for Dr. Garber, clogging the boards with B.S. about whatever procedure this doctor is promoting at any given  time.  

In 2007 it was the Stomaphyx (which he said Garber gave him and he was successful with) and in 2009 he said that Garber just gave him the ROSE.   

Here is a link to my post answering Jonathan with links to his actual posts from 2007 about the wonder of the Stomaphyx and then in 2009 about his success with the ROSE.    (Since they are essentially the same procedure, I doubt he has had BOTH of them done!)     Does he not realize that his old posts can be easily found on this site??

And, I've also put in a link at the bottom which shows ALL of Jonathan's posts and it appears he ONLY bothers to give advice if he can mention Dr. Garber in the post.

www.obesityhelp.com/forums/revision/4092924/Dr-Shawn-Garber/ #33389003
jonathan R.
on 1/16/10 12:12 am - east meadow, ny
You really must have no life to analyze all of my posts.  I had stomaphyx and it worked great at first and then I gained back weight and then had ROSE procedure which worked great and have now kept off the weight.  You should really find something better to do with your life then attack me for no good reason.
Jolly Rancher
on 1/16/10 4:23 am

The OP needs to know that it's pretty common knowledge that the ROSE procedure is a waste of money.

Way to go, Stacysmom.

Janice

320/170/150
SW/CW/GW
StacysMom
on 1/21/10 11:45 am, edited 1/21/10 12:00 pm
Thanks for the kudos!   Someone has to watch out for the newbies!   They are coming on here every day to ask about these less invasive revision outcomes.

Here is a link to this same guy attacking me on yet another one of his shill posts:

www.obesityhelp.com/forums/revision/4092924/Dr-Shawn-Garber/ #33447592
(deactivated member)
on 1/19/10 1:03 pm - San Diego, CA
Well, you did say that you CHOSE the ROSE procedure OVER the Stomaphyx procedure in 2009, when in fact you (allegedly) had the Stomaphyx procedure first in 2007....AND the ROSE procedure in 2009.  Thus you lied.  That disgusts me, quite frankly and your credibility is nil.
punkie112003
on 1/21/10 10:55 am - West Monroe, LA
I had rose done july 2009 and have lost 20 pounds. I have the stricture and don't eat as much as what I was but I just can't loose. Consider something else.
Most Active